Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

A bit of both, I went for the lighting but just noticed today that the wee ones got hold of the point and shoot at some point and the was a giant greasy finger print on it :)

Heres yesterdays shot - there was another weevil one that looks more like a mugshot, but this one won out due to the colours

Weevil on yellow by magsnorton, on Flickr

PS - This may be my last posting on this project - I'm shattered after another rough day at work (day off turned into short notice night shift - and off to work again in 30 mins or so for another dose of last nights fun) and raising the camera seems more a chore than a pleasure on those sort of days - hence the posting of some rubbish!

Last edited:
That they are - my wife calls them the chavs of the bird world :)

Here's another wee batch..

Boring old flower shot...

Garden flower by magsnorton, on Flickr

After what spent like the entire day my screaming at the kids and setting them up as shareholders of the naughty step, my wife suggested a black image to reflect my mood :D

The darkest day by magsnorton, on Flickr

And finally... the Jubilee celebration in the rain... note in the background everyone huddled into one of the four tents erected!

Jubilee Street Party :) by magsnorton, on Flickr

I actually like your black image (y) it reminds me of a true family story that still gets used on my nephew and nieces to this day, it happen before I was born but by all accounts my two sisters were being really naughty in the back of the car on the way to the fair so my dad pulled the car over and smacked both there bum's and carried on to the fair, pulled up next to the fair, nearly 30 miles away from home, said that's where you would have gone tonight, then turned the car around and went home :LOL:

Matt

Cheers Matt, I think your dad is possibly even meaner than me (although I would consider doing the same :D) - I just told me wife that tale and she thinks its great too.

Another batch and just one more photo with the 1D3 before it goes off to Sigma (again!), then its all point and shoot shots for another month :(

Get a grip by magsnorton, on Flickr

Seldom strung by magsnorton, on Flickr

I actually had a few choices for yesterday, but (oddly enough) my daughter chose this one.

Road rage by magsnorton, on Flickr

Cheers chaps :)

Well the last one with a SLR for probably a month!!

I has a fair few to choose form as I thought I'd play with the 70-200 2.8 before it gets properly calibrated and the 85mm 1.8, anyway again by the daughters final call...

Flower shower by magsnorton, on Flickr

Herbie, just suggested this as a better shot form today, what do you think...

120610_1382 by magsnorton, on Flickr

Given my proper camera has gone for a walk, Herbert here suggested I put aside my expensive kit and focus on the image rather than technique - not exactly a comfort zone for me as he knows, so as I'd kept him up late he chucked in an emotion a day for the next five days... grr to him..

Anyway, here we go with frustration...

Frustration by magsnorton, on Flickr

I was a little disappointed with the nose, mostly because it caught all teh flash..

Well, better get today's in early as I'm on a mid shift today.

Fed Up by magsnorton, on Flickr

guess what - ultimate fighter strong in LR then a bit of shadow\exposure work with the brush

Of course they are they're mine :D

lol, now that was a combination of even more Clarity along with an exposure boost, I enhanced the sockets by lifting the shadows

Well here are the last of the mini project... its been interesting and far from my comfort zone, perhaps if my week hadn't been so crappy... or as its becoming the norm... I might have done something a bit more chipper.

(pretend there isn't the black border on this one!)

Distant by magsnorton, on Flickr

Fury by magsnorton, on Flickr

Cheers ld chap, its been interesting and made me think more about lighting and more importantly using the lighting I have - now while the lights good in my room the backdrop isn't so I think some light stands, a few bits are still in order, I just wish someone would buy the studio as it really is wasted on me at this point in my development.

Still sticking with mood, here are the last few days.

Happy chap by magsnorton, on Flickr

EDIT : Ooops my wife took that shot!!!!

I'm not that happy with too hard though, I couldn't get the processing how I wanted it.

Still, she had a pretty good go all the same and that was taken just a little way into trying to ride without stabilisers, later she went ten or so seconds without help - she'll get there :)

Last edited:
Still sticking with mood, here are the last few days.

Happy chap by magsnorton, on Flickr

Too hard... by magsnorton, on Flickr

I'm not that happy with too hard though, I couldn't get the processing how I wanted it.

Still, she had a pretty good go all the same and that was taken just a little way into trying to ride without stabilisers, later she went ten or so seconds without help - she'll get there :)

I like the coldness of Too Hard.

I nearly went B&W with that one, but thought the drained colours suited the mood more.

Last edited:
Back