Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

I'm not surprised - it seems every time I sync lightroom Flickr thinks its a new image - not always but sometimes and for no reason I can yet discern!

Edit: fixed again!

Oh, forgot to mention - this was a really close second for today:

120317_8715 by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well, two days to catch up on - yesterday was a quick snap - and as it turned out the only image of the day:

Day 88 - Young Ethan by magsnorton, on Flickr

Then the MP-E arrived!!!!

Ten another miracle - I got out of work on time!!

So here are two of the better shots - I like the colour of the first, but the clarity of the second and yes I know I wussed out by taking shots of static objects, but I really didn't want to get narced with it on day one!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magsnorton/6854863544/
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/magsnorton/6854863544/]
Day 89 - Little Gem by magsnorton, on Flickr[/URL]

Day 89.2 - Another Gem by magsnorton, on Flickr

There was one more shot which was better than either of these in my mind but I messed up the composition and cropped the top off it.. maybe tomorrow :)

Last edited:
@Tony - Aye, not bad for a PnS - shame about what happened to the lower cloud though :(
@Matt - lol, that'd be right!

Well another mini batch..

The first was literally the only shot I took, as usual on days like that with the point and shoot, its almost like an insurance policy against breaking the project!

Now the second I'm much happier with - handheld at if I recall x3 mag on the MP-E, I guess it can be done after all :)

Day 92 - Grey Day by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 93 - Ant Macro by magsnorton, on Flickr

Thanks old chap - yesterdays was another macro - you'll be seeing a few of these now I expect...

I had a much better shot but fluffed the focus point :(

Day 94 - Ladybird by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Damn thing!!!

I thought I'd got that cracked - when I get to fixing that would you mind deleting your quoted link as that will never fix no matter what I do.

Yep, its a very good lens, although without the flash I'm not sure how useful it would be as working at f10 in camera is something silly like the equivalent of f32 and you can guess just how much light that lets in!

For instance the background on the dandelion looks dark, but in fact it was glorious sunshine today.

The macro's continue, now the first up just about summed up the day's photos - it seems that the wee critters think I'm a proctologist!!!

The second was from today and a much better set all round, I had a couple of lovely flower shots, a range (x1, x3 & x5) test on woodlice and a couple more ladybirds.

Day 96 - Bug proctology by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 97 - Ladybird on pine by magsnorton, on Flickr

Todays was a hard one to choose - honestly it was like mining gold by my usual standard (check todays Flickr upload!), anyway hard as it was at the same time it was easy :)

Day 98 - Fly Profile by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
It looks like your getting a lot of use out of the MP-E65 (y) and getting some truly stunning images out of it (y) I really like what you've achieved with it recently, I think that my favourite however is the seed head with the water drops that's brilliant :clap: :clap:

Matt

I was saying to my wife earlier today - usually when I mention something three times I end up getting it, this time I took three goes of three mentions to go for the MPE, how I wish I'd gone for it on the first!

Whats even stranger is usually I obsess about AF and AF speed, now I have to use manual I'm loving it - I still think I'd suck using MF on a longer lens, but for me this just fits and amazingly it seems easy!

Another portrait - continuing on from Dumbledore I thought I'd give it a little backdrop and to test my handheld reduce the usable depth of field down.

Day 102 - Lego portrait by magsnorton, on Flickr

More brilliant use of the MP-E65 but please stop tempting me, I love macro but you keep putting these amazing photo but I have to say since my last visit it has to be over the hill (y) brilliant :clap:

Matt

lol, cheers - but that lens is even more expensive ;)

Seems I keep finding old guys... I don;t know what it is about them but for some unknown reason they all end up black and white!

Day 105 - The dealer... by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
I swear if you keep posting the MP-E's I'm going to have to stop calling into this thread :cautious: :LOL: but that said such a stunning standard that your consistently putting out is great (y) keep up the great work (y)

Matt

Thank you.. The lans may get a little break for a few days... but it will be back!

By the way I've really stuffed up my numbering somewhere along the lines, it seems I'm posting photos over a week in advance, oh by the way here are the olttery number 16,45,32,1... **PC CRASH**

Okay, back in the "present" now I'll just give up naming the days and just rely and doing it :)

Busy day ahead so I'll do this one for now.

Swan by magsnorton, on Flickr

Okay I got a little more studio time before packing it up...

Still playing in the studio by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back