weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

Hi Judi, definitely green as stated above don't know what but i feel there is something missing :thinking:
You shouldn't worry about what other people have put in[/quote)
Thanks Allan, dont really Know that I could do more with it :)

Twisted - like you 1st image simple but effective
Fresh herbs - great idea lots of different things going on in there agree with Allan it does seem to be lacking some thing but not sure what
Thank-you Craig :)

Fresh - lovely bright green image and a nice take on the theme, and a lovely selection of herbs as well nice work.
Thank-you Mandy :)

Fresh, on them and good detail, but as said, IMO, just lacking something to break up the colour.
Cheers.
Thanks Andy
Maybe the solid green of Bay would help or Black mint:)

I have to agree with all the above comments regarding your fresh image. It's very green! I like it, it certainly says "fresh" to me.
Thank-you Simon:)

Last edited:
that works better than you might have expected - very similar colour throughout, but the differnt shapes and textures and sizes of the leaves really work
along with the nice shadows among the leaves. :clap:
Thank-you Graham:)

Hi Judi

Fresh - lie the monotone overall effect which highlights that altho most plants are green, there is such a variety in the tones. Like the sidelight and the distribution of the shapes - others have commented that something is missing and I just wonder whether it could be shot with the herbs in one of those thin wooden boxes from the greengrocers directly above so that eh wood kind of frames the herbs IYSWIM :thinking:

Thanks Alan if I could find a box I might try it but all the herb are different heights and some were propped up on boxes :)

Lots of lovely fresh herbs - I can almost smell them :clap:
Thank-you Elaine, yes lovely smell, I love growing and using herbs :)

Definitely green :) but works quite well. No idea which is which from your list though :whistle:
Thanks Andy:)[/quote]

sorry guys its not showing all the thanks on the last post will try again :(

oooh the flower heads is a nice shot - spot on focus on the main head, super sharp, made to look even more so by the OOF BG, which is really nice and complimentary in colour and bright.

weather vane is a good silhouette against a nice blue sky - but doesnt jump out as much as the flower heads.

I'm liking the weather vane Judy(y) good detail, exposure looks good........:thinking:not a biggie,but did think it was a shame that the 'E' isn't a little more visible :)

Hi, Judi, flowers for me, I love an Allium and they are a fantastic shape maybe you could have got a little closer to show more detail
nice colour and DoF (y)

I love this Judi, well framed by the wood, looking like a well presented triptych, but without the work.

the idea of a free pint also appeals!

Hi Judi, works very well for the theme, as Graham said above looks like a triptych (y)

Hi Judi

Fresh.....very clear with lovely differing shapes & shades of green ....but lacka main focal point for me...sorry

Shape.....liking both but think the flower heads just win out..... just viewed it large on flickr & you've caught the seed heads in the lh one really well , nice bg as well using DOF to isolate but not to the point where there's no context of the surroundings :clap:

Numbers....on theme , sharp & as said looks like a triptych without the work :)

Hi Judi, super shot, detail in the wood is great, colour spot on (y).........must have taken you ages to clone out all the trebles and the outer bulls eye :whistle: ;)

oooh the flower heads is a nice shot - spot on focus on the main head, super sharp, made to look even more so by the OOF BG, which is really nice and complimentary in colour and bright.
weather vane is a good silhouette against a nice blue sky - but doesnt jump out as much as the flower heads.
Thanks, I like the flowers too.
I love this Judi, well framed by the wood, looking like a well presented triptych, but without the work.
the idea of a free pint also appeals!
Was sitting having a meal looked up and saw numbers!
Thank-you Graham :)
Shape - flower head for me Judi nice detail in the main subject Bg works nicely
Thank you Craig :)
Shape - the flower for me as well works very well with the background.
Thanks Mandy :)
I'm liking the weather vane Judy(y) good detail, exposure looks good........:thinking:not a biggie,but did think it was a shame that the 'E' isn't a little more visible :)
I couldn't get any further round to get it all in but thought it was rather nice ,
Hi Judi, super shot, detail in the wood is great, colour spot on (y).........must have taken you ages to clone out all the trebles and the outer bulls eye :whistle: ;)
they were all in a pile on the floor.
Thanks Phil :)
Hi Judi, phew! I seem to be having a marathon catch up session ...... anyway, two super pics from you there, the blue sky really complements the weather vane, but my favourite is the allium heads getting ready to burst into bloom, very nice composition and DOF.
Hi Judi ...an excellent original choice for the theme...and good idea to crop it in that way too :)
Thank you Susie :)
Hi, Judi, flowers for me, I love an Allium and they are a fantastic shape maybe you could have got a little closer to show more detail
nice colour and DoF (y)
Hi Judi, works very well for the theme, as Graham said above looks like a triptych (y)
Thank you Allan :)
Hi Judi
Fresh.....very clear with lovely differing shapes & shades of green ....but lacka main focal point for me...sorry
Shape.....liking both but think the flower heads just win out..... just viewed it large on flickr & you've caught the seed heads in the lh one really well , nice bg as well using DOF to isolate but not to the point where there's no context of the surroundings :clap:
Numbers....on theme , sharp & as said looks like a triptych without the work :)
Thank you Lynne :)
Numbers. On eye and good lighting and detail. I'd prefer just the centre and RH in as the LHS doesn't add a anything, IMO.
Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)
Numbers - great shot very clean and I love the composition.
Thank you Richard :)

Thanks all :)

Hi Judi

Shape - lovely detail in the alium head and I like the inclusion of the other 2 which do not have any splits in them yet. Whilst the b/g is nicely oof, I still find it a bit busy - I am not sure if it is the horizontal line caused by the darker green foliage against the flowers

Numbers - good idea, crop, detail and quite humorous. Good capture of the colours and textures in the wood, chalk, slate etc

Last edited:
Hi Judi

Shape - lovely detail in the alium head and I like the inclusion of the other 2 which do not have any splits in them yet. Whilst the b/g is nicely oof, I still find it a bit busy - I am not sure if it is the horizontal line caused by the darker green foliage against the flowers

Numbers - good idea, crop, detail and quite humorous. Good capture of the colours and textures in the wood, chalk, slate etc
Thank you Alan :)

Hi Judi - Numbers it fits the theme well and you've brought out the detail in that wooden frame and the chalk-board nicely.
I don't know what Triptych means but if more than one person has said it, then maybe I should agree!

I love the shape picture of your flowers - great depth of field and colour. Spot on.

Hi Judi - Numbers it fits the theme well and you've brought out the detail in that wooden frame and the chalk-board nicely.
I don't know what Triptych means but if more than one person has said it, then maybe I should agree!
I love the shape picture of your flowers - great depth of field and colour. Spot on.

Thank you Simon :)

Numbers - good take on the theme nice composition.

Hi Judi, out of the two the brandy is a better image, not much else to say about them sorry

Strong, on theme, and there have been a few product shot, good detail, but they just lack originality. Different angle, shallower DOF, low light...just a few ideas.

Cheers.

Numbers, great take on the theme and agree with Graham, it presents itself as a triptych but isn't :D a creative crop which works well.
Not sure about strong/strength TBH I feel they need a little something else to lift the images, sorry :(

Action - You've done pretty well here. Especially with the last couple catching the dog in action

Mono - There's a few issues with the cloning on the background of the dog shot especially on the right. The monopod looks nicely lit and good use of the diagonal

Twisted - I prefer the curtain shot. Again the lighting has been well handled

Fresh - Well taken but lacking a centre of attention

Shape - The flowers shot is a nice image with a small DoF used to create a differential between the subjects and the background

Numbers – Good idea for the theme although I feel the board needs some darts in it :)

Strong – I much prefer the brandy shot. It definitely needed the glass to make it more interesting

Hi Judi, out of the two the brandy is a better image, not much else to say about them sorry
thanks Allan :0
Strong, on theme, and there have been a few product shot, good detail, but they just lack originality. Different angle, shallower DOF, low light...just a few ideas.
Cheers.
Thanks for looking Andy :)
HI Judi, Brandy Image for me also
thank you Craig :)
Numbers, great take on the theme and agree with Graham, it presents itself as a triptych but isn't :D a creative crop which works well.
Not sure about strong/strength TBH I feel they need a little something else to lift the images, sorry :(
Thanks Iain, I got what I wanted in the Brandy shot the hair stuff was an after thought :)

Action - You've done pretty well here. Especially with the last couple catching the dog in action
Thanks Peter I had real trouble with that one:) when Gem performed well with her jumping I didn't get it right in camera :(

Mono - There's a few issues with the cloning on the background of the dog shot especially on the right. The monopod looks nicely lit and good use of the diagonal
There was a big dark shadow behind her and i'm not very good at cloning

Twisted - I prefer the curtain shot. Again the lighting has been well handled
the curtain was fairly easy natural light and a reflector

Fresh - Well taken but lacking a centre of attention
not an easy one the pots were all different sizes and heights

Shape - The flowers shot is a nice image with a small DoF used to create a differential between the subjects and the background
I like the flowers too Aliums are some of my favourites

Numbers – Good idea for the theme although I feel the board needs some darts in it :)
Yes I agree, it was the practice board so it lacks some of the numbers and stuff, i would have felt a bit conspicuous sticking darts in, in a strange pub :)

Strong – I much prefer the brandy shot. It definitely needed the glass to make it more interesting
the Brandy was my first choice
Thanks Peter :)

Hi Judi

Strong.......#1 shot for me as I like the warm tones of the Brandy....but agree with others in that it needs a different composition to lift it a little...sorry
thanks Lynne :)
Sorry but I have to agree with Lynne's comments.

Three good shots, but my favourite is the tree bark (y)

Hi Judi, out of the three the mint leaf for me too, I like the diagonal running across the picture, as Andy says a contrast increase might work

Back