Wild Junior (Coypu)

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Here`s Junior, well that`s what I called him/her.
Here in France they are free to do whatever they want and this one was not that old, Defiantly a last years batch.
This one was tame enough to come to the bank edge to take bread and have some photos taken, I`d take a guess the local fishermen maybe feed it.
We, me and the Mrs love to watch these swim about going on with their daily business do whatever.

Junior (coypu) posing 2 by Graham, on Flickr

Thanks for passing by, Junior has other photos in my flackr page.

Tiens! … et moi qui croyais être le seul à avoir le ragondin au marais! :)
In the German speaking countries, it is known as "nutria".

Their presence at the marsh is always a treat for the local kids but not for
the swans who don't appreciate them… but they don't impress it much! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tiens! … et moi qui croyais être le seul à avoir le ragondin au marais! :)
In the German speaking countries, it is known as "nutria".

Their presence at the marsh is always a treat for the local kids but not for
the swans who don't appreciate them… but they don't impress it much! :rolleyes:
Stop assuming I can understand most of what you write, I cant :(
Other than that, adorable little critters.

I have heard that in France we make some "new castor paté" which was just an embelished word as ragondin sounds more like rats and people don't like the idea of rat paté!

Nice picture by the way graham! Very sharp and the highlights are kept well undercontrol.

En tout cas ca fait du bien de lire un petit peu de français! Ici dans le nord de l'écosse on en a pas des ragondins. Du moins, je ne pense pas...
Graham we're not frenchjacking your post but it's to help you improve your french a wee bit!

I have heard that in France we make some "new castor paté" which was just an embelished word as ragondin sounds more like rats and people don't like the idea of rat paté!

Nice picture by the way graham! Very sharp and the highlights are kept well undercontrol.

En tout cas ca fait du bien de lire un petit peu de français! Ici dans le nord de l'écosse on en a pas des ragondins. Du moins, je ne pense pas...
Graham we're not frenchjacking your post but it's to help you improve your french a wee bit!
Haha thanks, as it goes I do get by (just) so not everything is lost.
Thanks for the comment regarding the coypu, a fair bit of LR helped as I stuffed it up to start with, typical me.
Yes I have heard they make a pate with them.
Regarding coypu in the UK, I do know that they do live in Norfolk and a few other places.

Last edited:
Very nice shot Sir, well composed, good colour and spot on exposure.(y)

George.

Back