Just a heads up (or two or three or ...)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Mandrill for me :)

Oh dear - he's posting selfies! And a shot of a lion. It must be a set to show him throughout the day. :p

I'm pretty sure I know these animals quite well. Chimp for me just be careful because he kicks the glass if it's the one I'm thinking of :)

Your apes are the better takes for sure… as
we can read much easier their mimics, facial
expressions!

In my eye, though, only #1 and #3 seem to have
an adequate WB!

It must be a set to show him throughout the day. :p
The first one is definitely me 1st thing!

Chimp for me just be careful because he kicks the glass if it's the one I'm thinking of :)
Colchester Zoo, he spent ages "fishing" in the pool, he never caught anything while I was there though :(

Yeah that's my local haunt, that little git has caught me out many times by running up and kicking the glass when I'm not looking lol

we can read much easier their mimics, facial
expressions!
They are good fun aren't they?

Yeah that's my local haunt,
1st time there in years ( its over 100 miles ea/way for me) I must admit I was impressed with it all, and most animals "Showed"
However one of the Mandrills showed a little more than was necessary I thought :D

(I'll post them sometime soon when I get around to processing the rest )

gelada baboon for me - the comp & colours work really well, and I really like the animals expression :)

gelada baboon for me - the comp & colours work really well, and I really like the animals expression :)
Thanks Maria he is rather photogenic, even if it looks like he's telling to F-off :D

Nice Set Chris :) Mangabey for me, though think he could need a tad more space to look into :)

Nice Set Chris :) Mangabey for me, though think he could need a tad more space to look into :)
Cheers Stu, pretty much a frame filler that one TBH, but I do have a wider full bodied shot that I'll post "later"

Yeah that's my local haunt, that little git has caught me out many times by running up and kicking the glass when I'm not looking lol

I've seen a little girl actually crap herself (OK, didn't SEE it but she did let everyone know - as if those of us within nose shot couldn't tell...) when one of the adolescent male gorillas body slammed the (painted) glass wall at Paignton Zoo! Serves her right for banging on the glass despite being asked not to by another visitor. Serves her mother right as well for not taking heed of the many signs asking people not to bang the glass. Made me jump TBH, even though I've seen how thick the laminated and toughened glass is!

I've seen a little girl actually crap herself (OK, didn't SEE it but she did let everyone know - as if those of us within nose shot couldn't tell...) when one of the adolescent male gorillas body slammed the (painted) glass wall at Paignton Zoo! Serves her right for banging on the glass despite being asked not to by another visitor. Serves her mother right as well for not taking heed of the many signs asking people not to bang the glass. Made me jump TBH, even though I've seen how thick the laminated and toughened glass is!
Lol classic, this particular Chimp doesn't like camera's or banging on the glass, you can normally tell if he's going to do it so all I do now is lower my camera and step back, wait for him to calm down then carry on. Still catches me out every now and then though :)

Lol classic, this particular Chimp doesn't like camera's or banging on the glass,
I would have never guessed TBH, well I didn't bang on the glass obviously, but he sat there fishing with a stick, and posing for ages, never batted an eye lid and I wasn't that far away either.

Gone-fishin'
by Chris, on Flickr

Back