Just another Robin

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
This one inparticular is getting more trusting and will happily come within a few feet of you to take a scrap of food. Not a prize winner but i'm quite happy with it :)

robin1.jpg

md.jpg

Thanks Glo, i shot this in jpeg for some reason, prob mucking about with buttons and it came out very dark, the strong pp was the only way of rescuing it. This is the original so you can see what i mean..

h.jpg

If you or anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

OOps! I see what you mean... looks like someone forgot to up the iso! ;)

I think I see how you got the result you did. I just tried pushing the highlight slider in Levels to about 102, & the midtones to 132... any further and the colours start to become really vivid, but thats all personal taste I guess.

Mind you, if he's getting that brave ... looks like you'll get a fair few opportunities to snap him again! :)

I just hope i don't have my 300mm attached when the opportunity comes again :)

no such thing as just another robin all robins are cute in my book nice shot

no such thing as just another robin all robins are cute in my book nice shot

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

Recovered from your original, but it looks like it was pretty dull anyway?

robinedit.jpg

It looks quite sharp - a tighter crop should show some nice detail.

Good try Lurch(y) Great edit CT, care to enlighten ? got a few of my own that need that treatment.

Yes please CT, please enlighten us, great edit..!!

I don't really have a set system for rescuing shots like this - it's usually a case of suck it and see, but it's pretty simple stuff and there are numerous ways to go about it.

I normally start by increasing the gamma overall, then in this case I think I adjusted just the highlight slider, by which time it was looking a little light so I increased the contrast a little, too much though and it can start to look too over-saturated again. Finally sharpened a smidge - that's it!

All roads lead to Rome though and there are gazillions (well.. a lot anyway) of ways of achieving the same end. If something doesn't look right, just undo the last step and try something else or a bit less slider.

Nice one Lurch! Cute robin, they make such a lovely subject! I would try and crop a bit of the bottom though! :D

Back