Just been out doing video with my DSLR

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been out this morning doing video with my DSLR, and I am pretty impressed with the functions. I went into movie settings, and turned manual movie setting to ON. I did not realise it was possible to alter so much, even the ISO is manually adjustable in movie mode. It is even possible to alter these settings while recording is in progress. My camera is the D3300, and I am pretty pleased with the video it does. :)

Been out early again getting video with the DSLR, used full manual to get things looking the way I wanted. I was going to go in depth with the settings that I used, but it seems not many are interested in the video section. So with that in mind, I will not ramble on about what settings I used.

Been out early again getting video with the DSLR, used full manual to get things looking the way I wanted. I was going to go in depth with the settings that I used, but it seems not many are interested in the video section. So with that in mind, I will not ramble on about what settings I used.
I'm interested.
I'm awaiting delivery of a D810, and it will be the first DSLR which I intend to use for video. My D700 doesn't do it, and I didn't get on with the D750, so I upgraded !
At the moment I am reading as much as possible, and finding it quite confusing !

I'm interested.
I'm awaiting delivery of a D810, and it will be the first DSLR which I intend to use for video. My D700 doesn't do it, and I didn't get on with the D750, so I upgraded !
At the moment I am reading as much as possible, and finding it quite confusing !
Can't even remember what settings I used now. But everything is adjustable ( apart from aperture, that needs to be set before video starts), while video is in progress. It is preferable to have the focus set to manual, unless you want to be in it.

I'm interested.
Using a DSLR for video, can be a bit clunky, but the video they produce is pretty good. Obviously because they have bigger sensors, and usually better lenses. I just tend to set mine up, on a tripod. I Then work out my setting, it usually comes out pretty good.

I'm interested.
Did you get your D810 yet? Is so, have your tried the video function?

Did you get your D810 yet? Is so, have your tried the video function?

It is with UPS at the moment ! Delivery tomorrow (Hopefully)
Quite excited to say the least.

It is with UPS at the moment ! Delivery tomorrow (Hopefully)
Quite excited to say the least.
Brilliant, it is always exciting waiting for that new gadget. Especially if it is a camera. :)

Back