just got back from New York

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from a long weekend in NYC - what a place!

here are some of the pics that I took - let me know what you think....

IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

IMG_7788.jpg

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

Last edited:
Number 2 for me :) (though could do with a little clone bottom left?) 4, 8 and 9 are also v. good. I have a thing about NYC taxis.

I loooooooove New York. Went there shortly after getting my first SLR back in March. What a place.

*writhes around in jealousy*

Last edited:
Good and varied set! Can't pick a winner but the flags and the people shots are great!! :clap:

I like number 8, Shame about the finger being slightly cut off but I love the 'shot from the hip' style.

Nice work!

p.s. I went for the first week of October and it didn't rain once. Cant believe you went for a weekend and it rained. Oh well it is winter.

Great shots, I especially like the composition of #10 and the colours too. I will have to get myself over there one day.

I like number 8, Shame about the finger being slightly cut off but I love the 'shot from the hip' style.

Nice work!

p.s. I went for the first week of October and it didn't rain once. Cant believe you went for a weekend and it rained. Oh well it is winter.

we had all sorts of weather.

On Friday and Saturday it was dry but freezing cold. On Sunday it was snowing at the top of the Empire Sate Building and raining at the bottom and on Monday it was really dry and warm!

IMG_7709.jpg

Very good set mate. I think youv'e captured the 'feel' of the place really well.

Andy

No2 and No4 are great.
I love the colour of the light on the buildings in Brooklyn on the last one.

I like the 'everyday life' feel of No. 3. All are really good though. Thanks for sharing them.
Did you get much in the sales?

I have had to turn your photos into links. The max size for posting photos on these forums is 800 pixels on the longest side. Please feel free to change the links back to photos if/when you resize them.

I like the 'everyday life' feel of No. 3. All are really good though. Thanks for sharing them.
Did you get much in the sales?

Not much -the dollar rate was pretty lousy:shake:

Had a good time in some of the Irish bars though;)

Thanks to all for the comments!

great pictures, no'4 for me.

love to go to new york. one day i will....probably for shopping with the missus.

yeah what a place! went to NYC last year and i ADORED it at there!!! :eek:)

btw where did you stay? I stayed at East Village and it was amazing at there!

stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square. Found the best places to eat/drink were away from Times sq though

The weather looks awful for photography whilst you where there... heavy rain like that often makes me just put the camera away and not bother! So well done....

I know NYC well and have done a few sets like this myself...

I love No 7 the most.... It's the most natural and captures the spirit of NYC the most for me...

1 is from the ferry and I know how hard it is to get a good shot from there... uv done ok... but a bit of camera shake going on!

2. Very like one of mine from the top of the ESB looking down at Macys.

3. Is a bit squint... look at the lighting columns.

4. Is a bit overexposed but great shot... I like the low viewpoint... might have been even more dramatic shot in portrait!

5. Is ok... but I just dont know... doesn't blow me away!

6. Could be anyone... does not really say NYC to me!

7. Fab

8. Fab

9. Again like it but slightly over exposed I feel...

10. does nothing for me.

What camera did you use????

Have a look at my NYC sets too... And give your opinions.... one critique deserves another!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=92203
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=92540

The main thing was you had a great time!

M

Hi - thanks for your comments.

I used a canon Rebel XTI (same as a 450D) with either the 18-55 kit lens or a canon L 80-200 zoom

I'll take a look at your photos next time I'm at home

Malc

Back