Just one from today.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Went to a 1940s Day at Haworth Nr Keighley today..

Was a very good day with lots to see including these that flew past in remembrance....:)

spitfire-hurricane.jpg

IanC_UK said:
Nice shot mate, little bit of noise in there ? high ISO ? or is it my monitor ! lol

100 ISO Ian, Had to crank up the USM to find some detail, They wasnt that close TBH so they could have been better..:(

Typical.. Sunshine all day then when these came grey skies..:bang:

Im sure your thinking they could be better, but all Im thinking is could be alot worse;)

Very impressive:clap:

i think thats a great effort, i would be happy with that shot and the finished image is very good

Is Haworth the Bronte sisters place? I went there about 28 years ago, crikey....I seem to remember a graveyard and a sloping cobbled street? Think we looked round the Brontes house too...lovely memories. I really like the fact that you have two planes in this shot and love the brush strokes for the border too!

Nice one, the background gives it an olde worlde sort of feel too :) Just a thought, have you tried it with a sepia conversion? Might work?

Marianne said:
Is Haworth the Bronte sisters place? I went there about 28 years ago, crikey....I seem to remember a graveyard and a sloping cobbled street?

Yes Marianne it is the Bronte sister home town and the cobbled sloping street is still there untouched..(y)

crowd1.jpg

And also the famous steam railway..:)

Sorry about the loss of quality but both these were taken from the other side of the valley at 420mm.:(

trainsmall.jpg

Great shots!!

[dream mode] I want to fly one of them ...... [/dream mode off]

Really good Busterboy, thanks for sharing. :)

Marianne said:
love the brush strokes for the border too!

Totally agree with Marianne on that, I'm not a big fan of that type of thing normally but with the grey colour against the planes it works really well, I love the affect too!!

Agro said:
I'm not a big fan of that type of thing normally but with the grey colour against the planes it works really well, I love the affect too!!

Thenks Agro and everyone for the comments.:)

I was in two minds whether to delete the whole series as they are certainly not the best sample's I have ever come home with but thought "what the hell" I'll do a little PP on them and see what happens..:nuts:

Believe me if you saw the original shots of the two planes they are pretty grim what with the dull grey skies...:crying:

Just goes to show 10 minutes in photoshop can make some half decent changes..:)

Well worth the time in Photoshop. Still to visit Tangmere as my cousin is the director of the museum so I hope to get preferential treatment.

Back