Just updated CC & my plugins filters have gone

No but I'm in the same boat... in the end I reinstalled them as i only had 4

You could try dragging the plug-ins from CC to the CC2015 plug-ins folder (I'd suggest copying and saving the CC2015 plug-ins folder somewhere else first so you can restore it if it all goes wrong) I know moving the plug-ins over has worked for some people. But do it at your own risk, Adobe advise against it.

I have experienced changes to CS5 regarding my brushes and settings regarding actions ect all being removed and CS5 being reset almost, this came last week after a microsoft update to windows7. :eek:

Be aware CC2015 wipes older versions by default (CC2014 and CC) there is an op out option during the install if you want to keep the older versions (always a good plan untill your sure the new version actually works properly)

Oh heck wish I'd read this before I updated my CC today, my Nik and Topaz have disappeared too :(

Just thought I'd join in, I updated my CC today and now I've 2 issues of Lightroom but my Photoshop will not now open

The new version of Photoshop CC 2015 has also done a good job of no longer supporting the extension panels that used to work under CC 2014

Some extension panel producers have been quick with their workarounds but not all. If you use extension panels check before you update, or make sure you make cc 2015 do a seperate installation so you can keep 2014 for when you want to use them.

Paul

Just thought I'd join in, I updated my CC today and now I've 2 issues of Lightroom but my Photoshop will not now open
If you've tried rebooting your computer and it's still the same your not alone, it seems theres a known issue with some OS's, I don't have a fix other than suggesting a re-install (contact adobe first if you can)

Last edited:
This happening to quite a few people, I checked Topaz forum who offer advice. In the end I reinstalled both Topaz and Nik software. PITA

Well thats just fine and dandy, I had a load of my own presets set up in both Nik & Topaz all now lost..

If you've tried rebooting your computer and it's still the same your not alone, it seems theres a known issue with some OS's, I don't have a fix other than suggesting a re-install (contact adobe first if you can)

Since the update my Photoshop cc2015 just will not open. Lightroom, no problems, Bridge no problems, still got me plug ins, but alas no Photoshop. Been onto them twice now and fixed twice. Perhaps third time lucky.
OS Windows 8.1 with a relatively new lap top with a reasonable spec.

At the moment I am sticking with 2014 as everything I have works and only popping over to 2015 when I need the new option.

I have a few actions panels I use a lot that refuse to run under 2015 and quite a few plugins that also give issues that stop 2015 from even starting, think I shall await a few more updates from adobe before I try again.

No issues with Lightroom 2015 yet though, so they must have got that right, but then again it does not need to support so many external supplied applications as Photoshop does, so that's probably why, no plugins etc.

Had the same problem after updating to CC 2015. Lost plugins for Topaz and for Photomatix. Reinstalled Topaz which worked straightaway. Photomatix plugin would not reinstall on Wednesday so emailed them - very speedy response - they updated their installer to cover CC 2015 and it now works fine again!

At the moment I am sticking with 2014 as everything I have works and only popping over to 2015 when I need the new option.

I have a few actions panels I use a lot that refuse to run under 2015 and quite a few plugins that also give issues that stop 2015 from even starting, think I shall await a few more updates from adobe before I try again.

No issues with Lightroom 2015 yet though, so they must have got that right, but then again it does not need to support so many external supplied applications as Photoshop does, so that's probably why, no plugins etc.
Thats not what I'm hearing...... :(

Hi, like most other people, I have had to re-install Nik software on PS CC2015, which sorted that out, but OnOne software is another thing altogether. It works stand alone without fail, but if I try to access the suite through PS (file/Automate...), then I get a brief flash of the OnOne suite before being dumped unceremoniously back into PS. OnOne support are trying to help, to no avail. Any suggestions?

A friend of mine has provided the following info. which may be useful:

How to Migrate Plug-Ins from Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 to Photoshop CC 2015

It's update time again! If you, like me have found that your plugins are not working or are not there at all in your new Photoshop CC 2015 update, then here's how to fix (most of) it.

I found that the update left behind a Photoshop CC 2014 /Plug-ins/ folder. If you have the same, you do not need to reinstall. You can follow the steps below to move the plugins over. However, if you do not see these folders, you'll probably need to uninstall and reinstall your plug ins.

Windows

Close all open Photoshop applications
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins
Copy all the Plugin files you see there
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins
Paste all the files you copied from the 2014 folder
Restart Photoshop CC 2015, and you should see your plugins!

Mac

Close all open Photoshop applications
Navigate to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Plug-ins
Copy all the Plugin files you see there
Navigate to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Plug-ins
Paste all the files you copied from the 2014 folder
Restart Photoshop CC 2015, and you should see your plugins!

This worked well for me on Windows 8.1 - it brought back Topaz, Google (ex Nik) and Noiseware - it didn't bring back my OnOne stuff...but of course, YMMV...much easier than having to reinstall everything!

Above instructions based on those provided by Topaz

Back