Justlooking's 52 for 2010 - week 52 together - page 18

Certainly fits the theme. I think it would be improved with a little distance between the object and the background and a minor bit of rotating and cropping to get it dead centre and vertical.

Phil

Fits the theme well, nice and sharp and well exposed. I agree about cleaning and straightening it, though. Macros/close-ups are very unforgiving!

thanks all. Comments taken on board regarding separation from the background and also on tidying up the image.

week 51 Romantic

the silver thing is a 'luckenbooth' necklace - two hearts intertwined which I thought was romatic and I added my daughter's wedding invitation in the background for luck !

Not sure if the invite is too oof .. took lots of versions .. at least it was an good excersise in dof.

I really like Romantic! I think the dof is just right, and the central placing of the subject (which is normally ill-advised) works well in this instance.

Merry Xmas

Phil

It works very well (y). I think that given the theme I would like a slightly warmer colour balance, but that may just be my monitor.

DoF looks perfect to me in romance - just enough so that I can see what it is, but in no way distracting from the necklace. It's a really interesting piece of jewelery and you've got the focus spot on. Great details in it and you've got the overall composition spot on :clap:

Congratulations on the "big M" in close too. You got the focus and exposure just right.

Hope you and your family are having a great Christmas, and well done for sticking this out to week 51.

Very nicely done, I think the DOF is just about spot on as Sarah said, and it fits the theme perfectly.

I really like Romantic! I think the dof is just right, and the central placing of the subject (which is normally ill-advised) works well in this instance.

Phil

thanks Phil

It works very well (y). I think that given the theme I would like a slightly warmer colour balance, but that may just be my monitor.

thanks Tracer, will have have a play with the colour balance when I get a chance.

I like the idea of this and it is very romantic.The dof is just right. Not long to the wedding? I bet the household will be getting busy soon.

thanks Sue, March will come around very quickly !

Nice one, JL. Fits the theme very well and I like the composition. I agree with Phil, the centred subject works very well.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny

DoF looks perfect to me in romance - just enough so that I can see what it is, but in no way distracting from the necklace. It's a really interesting piece of jewelery and you've got the focus spot on. Great details in it and you've got the overall composition spot on :clap:

Thanks Sarah

Very nicely done, I think the DOF is just about spot on as Sarah said, and it fits the theme perfectly.

Thank you jgs

Thank you one and all for taking the time to comment. I hope you all had a good Christmas and will have a good 2011.

Just one more to go. Off to try and think up something ! :thinking:

week 52 Together ... "together forever"

Made it through the 52 !

Hopefully all the things I have learnt will help me with photography in the future.

I HUGE thank you to all those that took the time to comment on my 52.

Happy New Year.

June

My first visit to this thread. Congratulations on completing your project.

I enjoyed looking through. Starting again tomorrow?

Chris

Congratulations on completing your 52, June! We lost an awful lot of people during the year. You have done well to finish.

I really like this week's photo (y) It is a really poignant take on the theme. I think I would probably have tweaked the levels a bit to get more contrast and make the colours stand out a bit more. Maybe you could also clone out the light coloured twig sticking up in front of the right hand gravestone?

All the best for 2011.

Jenny

A good take on the theme. As Jenny says you could give it a tad more contrast and clone out the small twig. You could even add a hint of vignetting to make the stones stand out more.

Well done for getting through to the end and all the best for next year!

Congratulations on making it to 52 June :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've really enjoyed watching your photography develop through this thread.

A poignant and moving interpretation of the theme for the final week and I actually quite like the somber colours. Maybe it needs a touch more contrast, but it's effective enough as it is.

I hope 2011 is going to be a good one for you and that we see more of your photographs around the forum.

Well done to you June (just found out your name after 52 weeks :LOL:) on finishing the 52. A good image to finish on, as others have said a wee bit more contrast maybe but I like the colour tone in the photograph. Looking forward to seeing more of your photographs around the forum. Or are you doing another 52 for 2011? :D Iain

Well that's a cheerful one to finish on! As other's have said, poignant but needing a little extra punch.

I've enjoyed seeing your photos this year and commenting on them. Thank you for taking the trouble to comment on mine.

Happy new year,

Phil

Congratulations on making it through the year June (y) and a Happy New Year. A really good image to finish on. I like the colours and feel they suit the image, which fits the theme nicely. I agree about the light stick and would be tempted to clone that out.

Thanks for taking the time through the year to visit and comment on my thread.

Well done on finishing June (52 weeks and just finding out your name :D).

Romantic: Lovely idea. Focus is spot on and the DOF it just right.

Together: Lovely (and romantic even) idea. As has been said in earlier posts, just a little more punch and it would 'pop'.

Hope you have got as much out of this project as I have this year and thanks for taking the time to comment on my efforts. (y)

Back