Kanban Style Task Manager App

Name
Anonymous
Edit My Images
Yes
Alright All,

At work, I use a web app called "Task Manager". It manages tasks which are essentially jobs that need to be done. A task can be assigned to a certain individual, its task type can be changed. A task has certain statuses which include new, in progress, on hold, completed & rejected. Their are others but those are main ones. To create a task, you essentially go into the main department, head into your desired selection and create the task. Each department will have it's own set of tasks which pertain to it and its core workload. One can also update a task with entries to include updates. As in, a task will start as new, if it isn't designated to a particular individual, someone may pick it up and then its status changes into "In Progress ", assuming their is a delay, its status could also change to "On Hold". Entries into a task are usually time and date stamped. Completed tasks are usually archived.

Does a mobile version of all this exist for Android. Many of the features listed above are team related, so they aren't required. This is strictly for personal use. Main Departments I'd include would be Shopping, Work, Credit Repayments etc ... I find the user interface rather pleasant and I think its a good way of getting work done and tracking progress.
I was informed of Microsoft Planner and it has much of what I'm after. However, some key "Progress" indicators are missing plus I need a specific type of account to use it.
Is their anything within the Android Market that is comparable and offers similar functionality ? I am willing to consider a paid app should it meet my demands.

I’ve found at work this helps me out a lot and I find it an extremely useful way of just tracking progress. I’ve scoured the Play Store and many apps seem to have limited variants of what I’m after. Eg, they only 3 statuses, we, in progress, completed. While that does seem adequate, I find it lacking.

Do you use Office? OneNote has lots of Kanban style templates/plugins.

OneNote works pretty much everywhere.

i appreciate the replies. Zenkit seems promising so I’ll be giving that a go. It’s also worth noting, this is for Android and its for personal use. @JonathanRyan can you confirm whether thee Kanban plugins/ templates work on the android app /

ive found at work, this system seems fairly neat. Its a good way of tracking progress, plus each "Task" can be updated with key updates and progress . They also have this neat piece of functionality where by you send the Task Manager an email and it automatically creates a task with the email trail forming series of updates regarding the task matter.

i appreciate the replies. Zenkit seems promising so I’ll be giving that a go. It’s also worth noting, this is for Android and its for personal use. @JonathanRyan can you confirm whether thee Kanban plugins/ templates work on the android app /

I'm afraid I don't know. I use One Note (and Android) but don't particularly get on with Kanban :)

I'm afraid I don't know. I use One Note (and Android) but don't particularly get on with Kanban :)

Since I got introduced to this task manager at work, I've come to appreciate its functionality. A somewhat dialed down version for mobile would be great ! It makes it easier to track the progress of various related activities.

Applying this to photography, I could create a task for me photograph a HDR photo via exposure bracketing. It'll be kept as "New" until I get around to actually working on it. Once I get round to it, it's status would change to "In Progress" and I'd include key entries such as No of photos required, location, potential exposure etc .... I'd probably change the status to "On Hold" till I get around to doing it, I would elaborate further but even 'm beginning to think it seems unnecessary !

At my work place, the "On Hold" status is there as each task has its own SLA (Deadline) timer so that particular status freezes it. Not to mention, this is a desktop web app which is designed to monitor company related tasks. Applying this to mobile, it would require significant simplifying and easy to use interface.

Back