Kase filter system

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the pleasure of seeing the new Kase filter system last night for the first time and all I can say is Lee and the others will have to up their game. The Kase Wolverine system is said to be scratch and shock proof, their videos show the filters being dropped without breaking and that sound good for me at least.

The range of filters available is quite bewildering, so many different grads, reverse grads, and centre grads, you'd probably need a wheelbarrow to carry them all. What impressed me most was seeing the Kase polarising filter in operation. With the Lee one I have, I need to turn the screwed in polariser and if I have the lens hood bellows fitted this is quite difficult. The Kase one has a geared wheel fitted inside the holder and you just need to turn this to rotate the filter. No need to put your hand in front of the filters at all.

Quite impressive. Only problem I can see is that Lee and one or two others have been around for quite some time and loads of photographers now carry their systems and changing from one brand to another could prove really expensive.

Sounds like KASE have nicked the geared wheel idea off Formatt-Hitech or NISI. Their polarizers are turned by that method. It's nothing new.

Price of the filter holder with the polariser seems quite well priced compared to the Lee's one. Also looks less bulky than the Hitech Formatt one.

Was looking to move up to a 100mm system from a Hitech Formatt 85mm system. Lee's was my obvious choice but might consider these now. Also the option to select different filters in the kits over the ones listed looks good.

As a small update, when I asked Kase they had little or no stock here in the UK until November as they were still setting up their warehouse operation but I was told that at present they are shipping over orders from Hong Kong and they should only take a few days.

Last edited:
Back