Katy Perry - Your Californian Dream! Concert Photos.

Name
Melissa
Edit My Images
Yes
Another concert from me!
I went to Katy Perry playing in Belfast last Monday night. Really great show, so much going on. I found it a challenge to shoot though with the forever changing lighting & everything.

I'd love to get some feedback! Thanks for looking.

(10 photos in total, more on my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinyspark_boom/)

California Girls, They're Unforgettable by KeizGoesBoom, on Flickr

Are You Brave Enough To Let Me See Your Peacocok? by KeizGoesBoom, on Flickr

If It's Not Like The Movies... by KeizGoesBoom, on Flickr

You're so sad maybe you should buy a happy meal.. by KeizGoesBoom, on Flickr

Last edited:
Excellent set in my opinion, what equipment did you use?

I think these are nice shots, well adapted! I assume the ISO was fairly high? Looks like you've got a good position for 50mm!!

Thanks Joe! Yeah the ISO was 1600 most of the time! Grabbed a nice spot in front row by queuing outside the arena for a good few hours beforehand!

:clap: Well done Melissa! These are really good! Looks like you had a great position :)

I saw her a few weeks ago at the O2. She was note perfect and gave so much energy! You've captured that vibe really well in your shots imo.

:clap: Well done Melissa! These are really good! Looks like you had a great position :)

I saw her a few weeks ago at the O2. She was note perfect and gave so much energy! You've captured that vibe really well in your shots imo.

Thanks very much! wow, really appreciate that :)
She really impressed me too! Great show.

Love the colours in these are great, with a 50mm ... i was expecting at least a 70-200mm

thanks guys, really appreciate your comments.

Yeah I love the 50mm! In fact a lot of the time it's a bit too zoomed in from where I'm standing, there was a point during the show where Katy leaned over the stage and grabbed my friend's hand who was standing beside and i couldn't grab a focused photo of the moment cause I was too close! Would be nice to have to versatility of using my 17.50 2.8 lens though, but I think with its bigger size it would be a pure give away that I'm using a DSLR. Who knows, I might get the chance to shoot a concert officially some time and be able to use it!

Stunning set Melissa, really like those. Check out those pins!

Have you desaturated the colours a bit?

Col

remind me next time i want to go and see someone in concert to let you get me the tickets! These are great Melissa. You shot another concert a few weeks back too didn't you? Looks like you're honing your skills nicely (y)

edit: i looked back.. it was Rihanna.. very good too (y)

Last edited:
Really great photos!! I'm a newbie when it comes to photography but you really captured Katy's energy and personality in these shots :)

Whoops silly me I should have seen the Name- Brill shots Melissa!

great photos there! You have been very lucky to get your camera into these shows!

Thanks again everyone :)

Stunning set Melissa, really like those. Check out those pins!
Have you desaturated the colours a bit?
Col

I made an action in Photoshop i used on them, basically it desaturates some colours to give the colours more of a retro tone, and deepens the contrast.

remind me next time i want to go and see someone in concert to let you get me the tickets! These are great Melissa. You shot another concert a few weeks back too didn't you? Looks like you're honing your skills nicely (y)

edit: i looked back.. it was Rihanna.. very good too (y)

Yup, Rihanna a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to shoot any concerts since Lady Gaga last November, so it's great to get back into it again. Need to get myself a ticket to another show now for more!

very good,surprised they didnt stop you though.

So am i to be honest! i wasn't exactly hiding it! Security did rush over at one point looking angry, but luckily that was because the girl next to me was filming the concert with an HD camcorder haha.

Really great photos!! I'm a newbie when it comes to photography but you really captured Katy's energy and personality in these shots :)

Thanks a lot Emma, that's always the aim so really nice of you to say that! :)

Whoops silly me I should have seen the Name- Brill shots Melissa!

Thanks very much! Was chuffed to see them being used in Daily Mail :)

great photos there! You have been very lucky to get your camera into these shows!

Thank you, I know I'm glad I was able to get these, something for the ol' portfolio! :)

Big congratulations for getting these in the Mail Online :clap: You kept that quiet lol :)

Back