weekly Kazazoo's 52 2013 Juxtaposition added

Hi Kaz

quitting is not an option :nono: Time must be short for you with 2 little'uns but keep going....it's worth it for sure (y)

I'm not a fan of kiddie shots so difficult to crit but I do feel the Gluttony shot would have been better straight on rather than the up angle....less nose if you know what I mean.

Time...has the makings of a lovely shot....peace n quiet for you & a great reminder of how delicate & cute they can be (y)

Space...thats playing tricks with my eye's....like the subtle tones ...one minute it's a tunnel to look down the next I'm seeing it from the narrow through to the wider bottom..if that makes any sense ??

Keep going (y)

I'd also say try to find the time to keep going - if only due to the fact that it means you make time to get shots like your nap-time one.

I think that's lovely, crop a slice off the top, clone out the small mark on the sheet by the forehead and that's well worthy of being in a frame on the mantelpiece.

You don't want to look back and wish you had more shots of them when they were little and nap-time (the image) is priceless.

Thanks for your replies i'll keep going.
Overbex-I didn't notice the spec on sheet till you pointed it out, need to get editing

Juxtaposition...

The natural and unnatural

IMG_7440jux 1.psd by kazzy2001, on Flickr

I'd like to get out again maybe a little green and the blurry twig in front is annoying!

Last edited:
I think the focus point makes the can the subject of this image which - to me - is not on theme. Sorry.

I can see where you are coming from though. And you're still with us.

Keep it up!

Last edited:
K, some nice shots here. That lad is definitely enjoying his gruffalo, and the shot has a great life to it. The Nap Time shot... I love, really love the sleeping face, but I'd disturbed by the OOF cot bars on either side. Was it possible to get jsut a tiny bit closer?

I was wondering about a shot like your juxtaposition one. It's a tough theme, especially if you don't have much time. I think a lot of it has worked really well, but the OOF plant in the foreground, and especially the dead grass stalk, are a bit disturbing. Sometimes a little judicious weeding helps clear the shot. OOF foreground can work, but it's a bit up front and central; if it was near the edge, or contributed more to the leading lines, it might work a bit better. But a nice vision, anyway...

Back