weekly Kazazoo's 52 2013 Juxtaposition added

Edit My Images
No
Decided to give this a go!!

Hello!!!

The challenge for me is time so getting a pic up each week will be good.
Guess this will get me use to thinking and being quick!
Week 1: Sin
Week 2: Season
Week 3:

Last edited:
On theme for sure and like the shadow and the light shining through the wine onto the background. I think it's a little tilted though and I'd crop the bottom a bit as there's a lot of wasted space below the glass for me.

Now get your camera out :)

It's an interesting shot, all about the glass and the shadow for me so could be cropped a fair bit tighter, as well as a slight straighten.

Love the light burst in the shadow, as well as the sliver of red running up through the centre of the shadow.

The lighting from the wine glass looks like a Sunset :)

I think it might have been improved if the sheet/cloth that it was sitting on wasn't creased.

The lighting from the wine glass looks like a Sunset :)

I think it might have been improved if the sheet/cloth that it was sitting on wasn't creased.

I agree with both of these too!

I wonder whether it would pay to reshoot this and try to not show the glass in the shot, just the shadow with the sunset lighting. If the background is uncreased and shows an unbent shadow, then I think this could be a winner!

Old photograph :nono: :D

Quite like this. Lovely colour in the wine and nice texture in the BG. Would prefer a more even surface.

Some cracking detail in the wine glass shadow.

Cheers.

Hi Kazazoo & welcome aboard :wave:

Great focus on the glass & like the little line of color in the shadow :) Cloth maybe needs ironing.....

loook forward to seeing your week 2 (y)

Thanks all,

Really like some of the improvement ideas. Want to give them a go.

I'm not happy about the use of an old pic but time is the thing I struggle with the most, and wanted to start so I would carry on!

:)

Last edited:
Quite like than. Well composed (possibly a bit tighter) and a real sense of winter.

I suspect a bit of a boost to the colours and exposure would really make it pop.

Cheers.

Lovely shot

Love the sharp focus of the flower.

I would prefer more snow to the right to get rid of a lot of the green leaves, leaving the eye to focus of the flower.

I think the composition is excellent on this and is a perfect example of the rule of thirds. I tend to agree with what Alison said. Some of those leaf blobs to the right are a little distracting. It's a minor point though.

Ian.

@Kazazoo I really like this!

gravity by kazzy2001, on Flickr

Really struggled with time, we had a case of pox! First real attempt at movement and had to be done at night.
I know this isn't any good but needed to put it up. Would like to do it again. Background is wrong too

Last edited:
Wild indeed and a lovely expression.

Not keen on the cropped hands and it may be a little OOF?

Quite like the catchlights.

Cheers.

I agree on those points, i only got ten minutes before bedtime and didn't like any (had hoped to get another chance). I think it needed a little more DOF to get a better focus, there was a 'better picture in the way of focus and hands but the expression wasn't there.

Thanks for looking

Hi ya

we all have weeks where everything is against us getting the shot so well done for persevering & posting something up (y) it's got the making of a good shot , lovely sense of movement ...you given your own crit so nothing else to add

Wild...not in to portraits so struggle with crit on this type of image...but tis on theme :)

Well still struggling and wandering if i should call it quits...but im going to try and catch up

So here's space was trying to photoshop this to improve but can't seem to get it right.

spacea.jpg by kazzy2001, on Flickr

The inside of a baby bottle, i thought its a space you don't normally see and the ring effect is space like (well i thought so anyway!)
Its not great but its here.

OK Gluttony.

My son enjoyed eating his Gruffalo for this shot, Excuse the nose!

IMG_3255a.jpg by kazzy2001, on Flickr

Nothing special i know
And Time .....

IMG_7339a.jpg by kazzy2001, on Flickr

Nap Time .. this tends to be the only time i get these days to do some photography! and it very short

Last edited:
Back