ken rockwell site

Edit My Images
No
whats wrong with Ken"s site
tried to click on nikon lens's
and it won't load up
anyone else tried to access it recently ?

He's changed hosts and is having teething troubles with the new provider.

He kinda liked the neanderthal 28mm F/1.4D-AF which, although hugely expensive *used*, is a dead neat item. :)

To save you the time of reading any of Ken's reviews, let me sum up almost every single one of them for you...

"This lens/camera is amazing, it's the only lens/body I use"

To save you the time of reading any of Ken's reviews, let me sum up almost every single one of them for you...

"This lens/camera is amazing, it's the only lens/body I use"

Ken's daughter's chinchilla will copy/paste anything so long as you click on external links and contribute any spare internal organs to fund his ravenous appetite for skirting board and rope.

You can see Ken Rockwell in the background of that preview image. Bottom Left. No sign of a chinchilla though.

Deffo his daughter's chinchilla in the animatronic Ken Rockwell costume. How do I know, you may ask? Because he's taking photographs of sand!

Mr Rockwells site isn't all bad.
His house has quite a nice hallway.

Hmmmmmmmm. I had no idea people thought this about his site. In the past few years I've read reviews on various Canon lenses on his site and bought as a result. Not via links. So far I've never been disappointed with my purchases. I've found the site very helpful.

Gaz

Hmmmmmmmm. I had no idea people thought this about his site. In the past few years I've read reviews on various Canon lenses on his site and bought as a result. Not via links. So far I've never been disappointed with my purchases. I've found the site very helpful.

Gaz

"Not via links"

:crying: but his children! Won't somebody think of his children....

:)

Gaz

Many people bash the guy but he is one of the few honest reviewers I have seen. Most of them have an agenda and review everything like a salesman would try to sell it to you so they get more link clicks. Tony and Chelsea Northrup are classic examples of business people who think of their income and brand above all else

I find Polin, the Northrups and Kai much more irritating, they are everywhere, while Ken actually stays out of the limelight - unusual to see him at one of these events really. The main problem with him and his "reviews" is the next is always the best ever, and the previous is now defunct, useless, no point even looking, get this NEW ONE, it is Nikon's BEST CAMERA TO DATE BAR NONE. Also his site looks like it was designed in 1995 and never been updated.

I find Polin, the Northrups and Kai much more irritating, they are everywhere, while Ken actually stays out of the limelight - unusual to see him at one of these events really. The main problem with him and his "reviews" is the next is always the best ever, and the previous is now defunct, useless, no point even looking, get this NEW ONE, it is Nikon's BEST CAMERA TO DATE BAR NONE. Also his site looks like it was designed in 1995 and never been updated.

He does call out a lot of faults or annoying stuff that others don't though. I have bought a lot of stuff and found that he was correct about a memory recall shortcoming or whatever that nobody else ever mentioned.

He does call out a lot of faults or annoying stuff that others don't though. I have bought a lot of stuff and found that he was correct about a memory recall shortcoming or whatever that nobody else ever mentioned.

I've looked to his site for details on some older lenses and cameras too, I bought my first Nikon, the D200, based on his review [as at the time he claimed it the best thing since sliced bread, though shunned it as soon as the D300 appeared :D ] and the D90 also. He does go pretty in depth, and he provides good samples. It's just when it comes to Nikon he tends to be more lenient, he has done Fuji gear too.

And he's right. All available gear is good. Bad photos are just the photographers fault. ;)

Jokes aside, I refer to his site regularly. There are gems of truth hidden between the boilerplate text. I do however question how he manages to seemingly purchase so much gear unless he orders via mail order, uses, reviews and returns. I personally don't think this is a very ethical business model. (Asides from that which is obviously loaned or purchased via eBay.)

"Not via links"

:crying: but his children! Won't somebody think of his children....

:)
He got rid of his "plasticky, crappy children, which he received from Canon/Nikon" and after he received some decent "dontations" he was able to replace them with quality metal built children from Fuji, that was after he bought a new Rolex and Mercedes of course !:rolleyes:

Back