Kestrel Fledglings

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I'm new to TP and wanted to share some of my photos after hearing about the forum from a friend.
These pictures were taken earlier this year of a couple of Kestrel chicks that were fledging. I know there not the best but thought they were different.

C & C is more than welcome because i can only learn from my mistakes

Hello and welcome, nicely exposed and crisp (y) .... only thing to watch is to try and avoid cutting off parts of the bird ;)

hi richard they look ok to me strange co incidence my first post/picture was a kes too we will have to get matt to post some too
regards ian

Some nice images Richard but they are all cropped too tight from my liking - like Martyn says try to avoid cutting off part of the bird.

Aaaah bless its little heart ! Very nice Richard. (y)
Looks like there may be a bit of woodpecker in his family somewhere ;)
John

hi thanks for the feedback. The problem i had was that i didn't crop the photos i just ended up taking them like that. it was one of those situations were i had to react fast to it falling out of the tree but forgot about trying to compose the picture whilst getting the shots. Some of the sharpness as gone from the pictures too due to resizing.

Welcome and it looks like you will do well here as a bird photographer, you have the eye spot on in 2

hi thanks for the feedback. The problem i had was that i didn't crop the photos i just ended up taking them like that. it was one of those situations were i had to react fast to it falling out of the tree but forgot about trying to compose the picture whilst getting the shots. Some of the sharpness as gone from the pictures too due to resizing.

Richard, regarding sharpening and re-sizing have a look at post #14 HERE, have a glance through the rest of the thread for some other useful tips (y)

Thanks for the link Martyn, very helpful. Would it have helped to have got down more to eye level with Kestrel in image one ? and is the grass too distracting; should i try to edit it out in photoshop.

Thanks for the link Martyn, very helpful. Would it have helped to have got down more to eye level with Kestrel in image one ? and is the grass too distracting; should i try to edit it out in photoshop.

I would leave it as it is shot the grass is not a problem, crouching down may have spooked the bird, always best to get a shot first ... before you try and be creative and spook the thing ;)

Welcome to TP well done on getting the shots (y)

Regards

Richard

Back