key board problem

Bob

Name
Faithless
Edit My Images
No
Could anyone please tell what I can do to fix this problem. When I push the key marked @ on my key board I get " and when I push " I get @ I have heard of this before buy cant remember how it was cured
Cheers and thanks Bob

Sound like your keyboard mapping is wrong and set to USA keyboard layout.

Have a look in control panel Regional and language setting (in Vista, XP is just regional I think)

Tim

Thanks for that tried to reset from English usa to English UK but still doing same thing
Bob

which OS you on? I seem to recall there are 2 things to reset in XP, not sure about vista/W7...:thinking:

Its on windows XP if thats any help also its a note book
Cheers Bob

Bob, I'm using XP have have just ran through it .. go to control panel/Regional and Language Settings. under the Regional Options tab, select English (united Kingdom) and at the bottom set Location to United kingdom. Under the Advanced tab, make sure that English (united Kingdom) is selected. Check the box by Default user account settings ... click apply

HTH

Bob, I'm using XP have have just ran through it .. go to control panel/Regional and Language Settings. under the Regional Options tab, select English (united Kingdom) and at the bottom set Location to United kingdom. Under the Advanced tab, make sure that English (united Kingdom) is selected. Check the box by Default user account settings ... click apply

HTH

(y) cheers, saves me having to change computers to have a look ;)

HTH

Thanks Gary tried this and rebooted still doing the same thing
Bob

You should now have two settings for English, delete the US one and reboot.

Sorry not been back but drank a bit too much wine the other night . Tried every thing from above but still same so will take it back to currys if need be after I try again sobber
Cheers Bob

there are 3 places you need to change the language...

Go into “Control Panel” and then “Regional Settings”...

· On the “Regional Options” tab make sure both dropdowns are set to “English/United Kingdom”.

· On the “Advanced” tab do the same set it to English/UK.

· On the “Languages” tab click the “Details” button, in there make sure “English/UK” is in there if not add it. Highlight “English/United States” and click “Remove”.

Then OK all the way out and try again.. you may need to restart.

Thank you to all of you for your help now running on English uk:clap::clap::clap:
Cheers Bob

Back