Kilchurn Castle

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I couldn't sleep on Saturday night so I just got up at 4am, made the 2 hour journey to this place and caught the sunrise, was beautiful. I've not really used this forum as much as I should have as it's a great place to see what everyone gets up to, really inspiring! Thanks for looking guys.

kilchurn 6.jpg

Quick question regarding resolution, is there a better way to post to ensure you keep resolution in your image? The file I have is so much sharper than this.

Very nice scenery and cool rendition.

What app downsized this file?

Last edited:
Eerie castle in the mist surrounded by the early morning light, very nice indeed ... I tend to host most of my images with Flickr and some with Photobucket, although there is some compression degradation it generally isn't severe. Having said that exporting to forum size from within Photoshop and uploading within the thread usually works pretty well too :)

It's a lovely image, the mist really makes it. I'm one for big skies and dramatic clouds and I would prefer to see that here but you have to take what you get and you've made a very good job of what was there at the time. I like this compsotition but another idea might be to have it a little less central.

I live in Ayrshire, so this is a trip I have to make one day.

Beautiful Image David. Well work getting up for.

It's a lovely image, the mist really makes it. I'm one for big skies and dramatic clouds and I would prefer to see that here but you have to take what you get and you've made a very good job of what was there at the time. I like this compsotition but another idea might be to have it a little less central.

I live in Ayrshire, so this is a trip I have to make one day.

Much appreciated! Yeah I do have a few other compositions from the same shoot, it was such a cool moment that they all came out really well just picked this one to share!

Worth the lack of sleep and the drive. (no idea on the resolution question)
beautiful!
Good compsotition, great colours
Indeed great call to make well worth the trip, if hosting from Flickr try 800 on the long edge, thanks for sharing.
Lovely shot David
Beautiful Image David. Well work getting up for.
Lovely image David, the mist and soft light gives it a nice dreamy look
It was worth the early start, it's very nice image.
Eerie castle in the mist surrounded by the early morning light, very nice indeed ... I tend to host most of my images with Flickr and some with Photobucket, although there is some compression degradation it generally isn't severe. Having said that exporting to forum size from within Photoshop and uploading within the thread usually works pretty well too :)

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!

Perhaps this wasn't the ideal solution.

Right, the named app is a utility on that system that
we both use with pleasure.

However, for this caliber or level of photography you
should perhaps consider some substantial tool that
will support all your intents… keep rocking, David.

Right, the named app is a utility on that system that
we both use with pleasure.

However, for this caliber or level of photography you
should perhaps consider some substantial tool that
will support all your intents… keep rocking, David.

I use Lightroom to edit my work and then export to share on social media etc, I probably should have used that to better resize?

I like it, without wanting to lose the character of the scene, I think it could do with a bit more clarity though.

I like this a lot. The low hanging must really gives a sense of atmosphere, accompanied by the light, great!

My only slight niggle is the foreground reflection is quite dark compared with the sky. Is this how you remember? May be it's just me viewing on an iPhone.

Thank you, yeah there is a slight darkening towards the bottom of the frame which has been bothering me more and more to be honest and I've already lifted it up a little in Lightroom!

Nice. Love it conditions but lacks saturation, contrast and general impact. I'm sure the raw file has a lot more to give

Thanks man appreciate the input! I know what you're saying and I do have a lot of different of edits of the same/similar shots from the same morning but I ultimately went with this one taking some of the saturation out, I am always drawn to that more muted look.

https://500px.com/photo/145713171/k...d-barry?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=16787169

I feel like that gives it a little more justice, as the image in the thread is low quality.

Reactions: ST4
Back