Kilchurn.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
A murky morning at Loch Awe and my favourite subject there, Kilchurn Castle. Reflections here can be to die for although a distant breeze spoiled this one a little. I also considered converting this to B+W, as there was very little colour due to the early start but I'll leave it as is for now. (y)

This was taken a while back and processed today. Landscape season is upon us and I see at least one trip back here soon.

Kilchurn. by Dale, on Flickr

Lovely shot Dale I quite like the muted tones and personally wouldn’t go , b&w

Not as good as your other (my favourite photo ever!!) but still crackin!! was the wire fence around the castle not installed when you took this shot?

Not as good as your other (my favourite photo ever!!) but still crackin!! was the wire fence around the castle not installed when you took this shot?

Thanks Jason.

The wire fence was there but only to the left of the ruin as you look at it and this was taken in September a few years ago, so the fence was partially covered by undergrowth.

I believe the fence is all the way around it now? I haven't been to Kilchurn since January 2020.

That's a fantastic shot, very evocative and the stillness has allowed a wonderful reflection.
My week in Oban allowed me 2 visits, I remember coming away with some very detailed electricity pylons in the weather...

That's a fantastic shot, very evocative and the stillness has allowed a wonderful reflection.
My week in Oban allowed me 2 visits, I remember coming away with some very detailed electricity pylons in the weather...

Thanks Paul.

The pylons are a pain but there are ways around them, mist really helps.

Lovely atmosphere, could be an interesting b&w as well, looking forward to seeing it should you do so

Great photo, I’ve been there once but ended up at the castle and not on the Loch side, so need to re-visit sometime… well that’s my excuse anyway. :)

Cheers Dave.

Be aware, that up until at least recently, there were barriers around the base of the castle, which really spoil it.

Cheers Dave.

Be aware, that up until at least recently, there were barriers around the base of the castle, which really spoil it.
Thanks Dale, I think when we were there maybe 18 months ago there was some sort of fencing around the back(?) end at the time.

To be fair, I’m not likely to get there anytime soon sadly. Too many other plans. :)

Back