Kilder water Birds of Prey

Bev

Name
Bev
Edit My Images
No
On this day they flew a black kite and red kites, and me not being too up on my BOP's, im not 100% on their ID's. So anyone that can d them i would be most appreciative.

kite7.jpg

kiteframed.jpg

kitecloned.jpg

Well I would suggest the first 2 are Red Kites and the last one is the Black Kite.
Always see Red Kites soaring overhead when coming home from Wales each week.....yippee thats tomorrow!

Lovely shots... specially the last one.

Would agree with Janice, and that last one is very nice :)

as the last one is a crop, try to make it a little more toward the top of the frame and a little more left too, so it has some space to fly into and it can then sit ona third in the frame as well :)

Two red kites the last one is a (almost 100% sure its a male) Harris Hawk, a Nth American species used for displays, hunting and "bird clearance".

Do you know i thought that but im all Bittern's and Kingfisher'd out lol

I can see you have been well and truely Bittern by the bug :D
I have just realised the Male Harris Hawk in not wearing "furniture" ( anklets / jesses etc)
That could be asking for trouble from DEFRA if it gets noticed

Thanks folks i have made notes and this is a great help regarding future ID's.

Cobra it was well dressed at the time, just did a bit of clone work!!

Heres the original, i should have posted this one in first place.

Kite-forum.jpg

Three good shots there Bev. Agree with Ian about the positioning of the bird in the third one.

ah man, they didnt fly the red kite when i went as she hadn't really learnt how to come back lol, and there was a thunderstorm also! you've got some stunning shots there and it looks like a worthwhile visit !

Nice one! I didn't spot the cloning! Though I did think it strange that they would fly a non indigenous species "sans kit"
One glaring error that I made I can't beleive I typed "N" instead of "S" they are central / South American not North

Nice one! I didn't spot the cloning! Though I did think it strange that they would fly a non indigenous species "sans kit"
One glaring error that I made I can't beleive I typed "N" instead of "S" they are central / South American not North

Thanks Dave, and yes definately worth the visit! went twice in one week and looking forward to going back in April.

The cloning work must be getting better! and thanks for the ID, really helps.

Back