Kingfisher Dive Shots and Kingfisher in Evening Light

Cracking pics........

Some seriously pricey glass there as well!

I can but dream..........

I must have missed this, so glad i have had the opportunity to see these wonderful images.
All are great but the first two really hit the spot for me. As you say light makes such a difference to plumage and the kingy is one of those species that often look so different.
Excellent set Karen, thanks for sharing these.

Still as cracking as they were on Birdforum Karen, some really superb Kingy images.

Stunning shots, absolutely beautiful, well executed every one, fantastic - bet you enjoyed every minute !!!
Regards DaveC

Abosolutely brilliant shots Karen :clap: :clap:

Superb is all I can say!!! (y)

Mouth agape.......nothing coming out.......totally speechless!! Brilliant

Number 1. Whow!

Cracking pics........

Some seriously pricey glass there as well!

I can but dream..........

thanks everyone for the kind comments:)

Made it into a BBC Magazine Kaz? Brilliant news ;)

I missed these being posted somehow! Stunning set of shots, really very impressed with the diving ones...where on earth did you find a location that you could sit at all day photographing them...fantastic!

Very well done!!

Last edited:
Kaz, you probably know by now with the responses so far, but theese are absolutely stunning, probably the best Kf shots I have seen on here.(y)

Well done, and thanks for showing me what can be achieved

Dean

I missed these being posted somehow! Stunning set of shots, really very impressed with the diving ones...where on earth did you find a location that you could sit at all day photographing them...fantastic!

Very well done!!

Wow, they are amazing, loving the first shot - pretty much perfect!

OMG they are fantastic, what a talent!

Kaz, you probably know by now with the responses so far, but theese are absolutely stunning, probably the best Kf shots I have seen on here.(y)

Well done, and thanks for showing me what can be achieved

Dean

Thanks everyone

Gobsmacked, what a stunning series of shots, really shows the beauty of the stunning little bird, I going to be camping out now at the local park. Thanks for sharing.

100% ace. It has made me want to striv to get better ones with my old 600mm

For me the reward for these shots are the fruitless hours upon hours that the photographer can spend waiting for the bird to show up, often lost in the 1/1000 of a second that captures the image.

Forget needing a 500mm lens, its the patience of a saint that is required.

Kaz, I have put some posts up by the first hide at Belvide, hopefully if the water level rises (you can walk out to the raft in front of the 1st hide still), we may get some obliging KF's using them. I shall let you know if they do (y)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! you have captured the essence of one of IMO possibly our most enigmatic birds. Absolute stunners especially the inflight ones(y):clap:

Another set of amazing shots, beautiful lighting :clap:
Scott

Just had a look through the comments on this thread, thought I had already posted on it. Anyway just like to say these are a really great set of KF shots, up there with the best.(y) Well done.

Gobsmacked, what a stunning series of shots, really shows the beauty of the stunning little bird, I going to be camping out now at the local park. Thanks for sharing.

Brilliant and excelllent imo - have to say #3 is well my favourite out of the set :clap::clap::clap:

Stunning, simply stunning.....well done:clap:

Stunning, speechless.

100% ace. It has made me want to striv to get better ones with my old 600mm

For me the reward for these shots are the fruitless hours upon hours that the photographer can spend waiting for the bird to show up, often lost in the 1/1000 of a second that captures the image.

Forget needing a 500mm lens, its the patience of a saint that is required.

Kaz, I have put some posts up by the first hide at Belvide, hopefully if the water level rises (you can walk out to the raft in front of the 1st hide still), we may get some obliging KF's using them. I shall let you know if they do (y)

Speechless!

crackin set kaz (y)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! you have captured the essence of one of IMO possibly our most enigmatic birds. Absolute stunners especially the inflight ones(y):clap:

Another set of amazing shots, beautiful lighting :clap:
Scott

Just had a look through the comments on this thread, thought I had already posted on it. Anyway just like to say these are a really great set of KF shots, up there with the best.(y) Well done.

utterly fabulous!!! :)

Would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has commented on these shots it is very appreciated

Back