Kingfisher Dive Shots and Kingfisher in Evening Light

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Spent the day yesterday watching the Kingfisher managed a few dive shots and then about 7 the light changed and the evening light was beautiful couldn t believe the difference in the colour of the kingfisher the usual blue colour turned into this stunning green like colour it was really beautiful

kingfisher53.jpg

kingfishers56.jpg

and these were in the evening light

kingfiher60.jpg

kingfisher66.jpg

kingfishers57.jpg

kingfisher61.jpg

and Ken(stifler)if you are looking this was one of Pauls(my hubby)

kingfisherdiving2.jpg

:puke: Sorry Karen that was the nearest speechless smiley I could find :LOL: Cracking stuff, you are right about the light though, just a minutes difference when the sun is going down changes things completly. Well done :clap:

And I though Tom Daley was the youngest Gold Medal diver..........well it's a GOLD for you as well(again).
Each set you upload out does the last.

I said in my last Kingy upload that the evening light is the best here and you have exploited it to the full.
As for the Stunning green like colour...that IS the TRUE Kingfisher Blue.

Surely this has to be reproduced in print somewhere ???

Keith

:eek:

Outstanding - really, I'm not sure what else to say! :clap:

belters (y)

Beautiful set Karen

thanks Matt

Stunning!what lens?,thank you

Thanks John I have my fantastic hubby has bought me a canon 500f4 so was trying that out Pauls shot was with the 40d and canon 400f5.6

Fabulous Karen :clap:

cheers Dave

:puke: Sorry Karen that was the nearest speechless smiley I could find :LOL: Cracking stuff, you are right about the light though, just a minutes difference when the sun is going down changes things completly. Well done :clap:

thanks Rich much appreciated

And I though Tom Daley was the youngest Gold Medal diver..........well it's a GOLD for you as well(again).
Each set you upload out does the last.

I said in my last Kingy upload that the evening light is the best here and you have exploited it to the full.
As for the Stunning green like colour...that IS the TRUE Kingfisher Blue.

Surely this has to be reproduced in print somewhere ???

Keith

thank you Keith for those kind words you are right about that light best light I think I have seen there

Its all been said Karen!! Stunning (y)

thank you

fantastic photos karen:clap::clap: been on your website more brill photos... the kingfisher photos have came at the right time for me . has i am carving one for a competition , thanks mark...

thanks Mark and thanks for looking on my website

Echo what everyone else is saying, super pics.Love how sarp they are, love the action and love the backgrounds---utterly superb.

thank you Mark

:eek:

Outstanding - really, I'm not sure what else to say! :clap:

cheers

thank you

Right thats it i`m afraid you (and your husband) are going to have to stop this, taking pictures which the rest of us only dream about tsk tsk you should be ashamed of yourself........

Only kidding (well mostly kidding I am hugely jealous) a fantastic set theat will take some beating but then I think that with each set you put up and then the next set beats those :LOL:

1 & 2 are stunning, number 2 particularly :clap:

thanks a lot Martyn

Right thats it i`m afraid you (and your husband) are going to have to stop this, taking pictures which the rest of us only dream about tsk tsk you should be ashamed of yourself........

Only kidding (well mostly kidding I am hugely jealous) a fantastic set theat will take some beating but then I think that with each set you put up and then the next set beats those :LOL:

thanks Mark:LOL:

There's a noticeable leap in rendered detail with these shots - your sharpest yet, so the 500mm has shown it's worth.

They look stunning on my Mac, the 500 has been a very worth while investment, Well done (y)

Stunning Stunning Stunning....you dont tend to get to see the feet and certainly not the underside.
I dont think the kingfisher lives up to the graceful image in number 6... certainly diffrent it makes it look like a partridge:LOL:

Fantastic shots Karen :clap: that light has certainly brought out the colour, the detail is superb, and those action shots are amazing. I've yet to get any decent diving shots.
Excellent (y)

Kaz...They are truely stunning pics, of my now favorite bird

Anyone know why they twist their bodies in pic 2

Phil

Superb shots - not helping me decide against getting a 500mm myself, are you!?

BTW, there's a bittern on site at the Moors too.

How long did you spend on site waiting for these shots?

The trouble is Pete you won t fancy throwing a 500 lens about like you probably do with 100-400:LOL:but it is a fab lens we were there all day the kingfisher was showing well but we were enjoying the company of some great folk Stifler included and then when we knew that light was about to come I was definatley going to stay longer we were there till gone 7.Paul saw the bittern on Monday so we knew there was one there and we also saw the otter 3 times it was a great day

Wow, stunning set Karen, I'm itching to have a go at Kingfishers now...when will I ever get the time!

what can one say that already has not been said

i have found this set to be unbelievable..stunning...corkers.....(y):1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st:

Back