Wild Kingfisher

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
This is the time of year i make a lot more trips down to the local Kingfisher hotspot,the christmas floods have done the banks no favours with lots of paths closed of and a broken bridge ,a extra 1/2 mile walk is now need to get to the other side to scout for activity ,with a good day yestrday and a bit of time i spotted some very encouraging signs of a pair of kingfishers ,its hard to stay away when you see good signs Kingfisher (1 of 1) by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bloomin heck dennis thats a beauty. Never taken bird images before myself. Just had a look at the Flickr pages "Fabulous" you must have the patiance of a saint obviously you very talented too.

Gaz

Bloomin heck dennis thats a beauty. Never taken bird images before myself. Just had a look at the Flickr pages "Fabulous" you must have the patiance of a saint obviously you very talented too.

Gaz
Their is a lot of luck involved and yes plenty of waiting and observing ,thanks for passing by to comment

Their is a lot of luck involved and yes plenty of waiting and observing ,thanks for passing by to comment
Hmmmm luck I'm not sure about that well I guess right place right time but you gotta have great technique and good light. We went out for a walk around a reservoir yesterday with family (Hollingwoth Lake Rochdale). They have a veiwing hide at one end there were a few photographers in there waiting/watching. Apparently there was a Kingfisher on the loose. Looked like it would be a long day.

Gaz

Hmmmm luck I'm not sure about that well I guess right place right time but you gotta have great technique and good light. We went out for a walk around a reservoir yesterday with family (Hollingwoth Lake Rochdale). They have a veiwing hide at one end there were a few photographers in there waiting/watching. Apparently there was a Kingfisher on the loose. Looked like it would be a long day.

Gaz
The Hide just down from the boating lake ,i have seen the Kingfisher from that hide ,that used to be on my route when i did the Blackstone edge circular walk ,they have a nice collection of great crested grebes there as well

The Hide just down from the boating lake ,i have seen the Kingfisher from that hide ,that used to be on my route when i did the Blackstone edge circular walk ,they have a nice collection of great crested grebes there as well
I thought there was only one hide this one is right down the far end towrads the motorway bridge end. Didnt realise you would have known this and must live not to far away. I live near Daisy Nook contry park Ashton under lyne) apparently they have a few Kingfishers around too so someone was telling me the other day.

Gaz

Again Den just stunning, flawless background :) is this your 400 5.6?

I thought there was only one hide this one is right down the far end towrads the motorway bridge end. Didnt realise you would have known this and must live not to far away. I live near Daisy Nook contry park Ashton under lyne) apparently they have a few Kingfishers around too so someone was telling me the other day.

Gaz[/QUOTE i live a good few miles away from the lake but in my walking days i used to get dropped off at Ogden res and walk the 28 miles home taking in all the local wildlife spots and hollingworth was one of them ,i know a few spots near Denton as i was introduced to those by pooley who used to spend some time on here

i know a few spots near Denton as i was introduced to those by pooley who used to spend some time on here

Like I say I have never done this type of thing looks really difficult and you do need a long lens a 105 ain't gonna cut it :-( I think Reddish vale is a local haunt for some bird photogrphers which is not to far from Denton.

Gaz

Reactions: den
Lovely capture Den.

Looking at the photo in Flickr, its showing that it was taken May 19th 2014, is your camera date set incorrectly?

You nailed that little fellow, Dennis!

Another cracker from you Dennis, really nice image!

Truly excellent shot in all aspects.

Back