Kingfishers doing what they like doing best - fishing.

Fantastic shot but just wondering. Full frame sensor and 70-200mm lens, You must have been very very close? Or these are heavy crops?

Brilliant captures.What a day.Agree with snorkler,that second shot is very,special.

Just had a look at your website..with shots like this kingfisher your website had to be worth a visit. Equally high quality photos.there too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been following the argument thread on facebook that someone linked to yesterday.

Alan (the guy in the Daily Mail and that owns the hides) says that he told the reporters the exact situation and what he did to get the shot.

Apparently, they ignored what he said for a "better" article.

I've been following the argument thread on facebook that someone linked to yesterday.

Alan (the guy in the Daily Mail and that owns the hides) says that he told the reporters the exact situation and what he did to get the shot.

Apparently, they ignored what he said for a "better" article.

Don't know why all the gear is necessary for these shots, got one easily this week without any tanks, perches or anything...

Headstands.jpg

:D

:coat:

No this was in a hide near Leeds.
lol I was there yesterday with a fellow tog !
Perfect lighting at times but as with any nature shoot !
Not a single visit :(

stunning set BTW envious !

Last edited:
Wonderful shots, I envy you. I would challenge your title though. in my experience birds favourite activities are

1. sex

2 fighting

3 food

Thankfully I've never had a blank up there. I feel your pain. [emoji6]
Cheers Gareth hope to revisit next year !
But if I get anything half as good as what you have showed here I would be more than pleased.

Back