Kodachrome movie

Before anyone asks: Ed Harris' character is using a Leica M4-2 with a 50mm Summicron (V5).

I do wonder if the film will go down the obvious route as to what's on the undeveloped rolls (considering the son's estrangement).

We'll never know what's on them unless Dwayne (IIRC!) has found some more soup!

Honestly, you think he'd read the posts on this forum before putting his whole family to inconvenience like that. His son is going to be even less impressed with him when they get there and find that they stopped developing Kodachrome years ago! Some people, eh! :rolleyes:

We'll never know what's on them unless Dwayne (IIRC!) has found some more soup!

If you've seen The Secret Life of Walter Mitty you'd know what kind of route I'm describing. The film is set before Dwayne's stopped processing it and the three are trying to get there before then.

Running out of chemicals for K-14 would be a funny ending though, I can imagine it now:

The trio finally get to Dwayne's only to be told that they've run out of chems for K-14.

All three are distraught at being unable to complete the purpose of the road trip. Father and son realise that the journey, with its ups and downs and eventual reconciliation, was the ultimate destination after all. Like what's on the rolls, the past remains the past and the two men make their peace with one another right now.

Roll credits.

After credit scene: Father has passed away and the son still has those rolls. He's approached by a mysterious man who informs him that it may be possible to develop them after all. And so the Kodak Cinematic Universe begins (with the X trilogy coming out over the next three years: Plus X, Double X, and Tri-X).

Didn't some one say that you could dev Kodachrome in B\W chemicals o_O of course you wont have colours but better than nothing.

Joking aside, if I had Netflix or whatever it's called (I don't even have satellite TV, let alone cable or internet subscription stuff or whatever it is) I'd probably watch this film. There aren't that many photography type films about lately, the last one I can recall was 'We'll take Manhattan' (which was about the early days of David Bailey and Jean Shrimpton) and I enjoyed watching that.

Unfortunately it’s only processable (if that’s a word) as b&w so apart from rescuing long outdated film there’s not a lot of point really.

Back