Kodak Tech Pan

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a roll of this film in my fridge that was out of date in 2003. It will obviously still be perfect to use but I can't be bothered processing the negatives myself as I sold all my darkroom gear years ago. Can any of you recommend a place that will process these negs to a high standard as I believe Tech Pan is a bit of an unusual emulsion?

I'm not sure if anywhere will be able/willing to process a roll of T-pan. It needs its own individual developer and I don't suppose it's available with the film not being anymore. :crying:

Silverprint recomend "Rollei RLC "developer for this film.
But without any kit unsure who could develop it for you.
If you Google Tech-pan there are others makes of developer suitable.
C

Tech Pan gives different speeds and contrast depending on how it's developed. It can be developed in D76/ID11 type developers, but to be honest I don't know of any lab offering a B&W service with this type of chemical..

You may have some luck Googling for a lab that can offer such a service.

If you need any more info Kodak tech Pub P-255 gives more info. It's on the Kodak web site

I used to love this film...:love:
About 15 yrs ago me and my dad were reading in a magazine a review of slow, low-grain films, and they were seeing how well each one stood up to Technical Pan. We both looked at each other and said at the same time "Well why don't we just use Technical Pan then????":LOL:
We used to turn the enlarger head round 90 degrees and stick the paper on the wall, enlarging bigger and bigger, seeing how far we could go before we'd see some grain!:LOL:
Another cracking film gone....:crying:

Many thanks for your replies. Sounds like it may take a bit of effort. If I can't find a lab I may have to resort to digging out an old developing tank and doing it myself.

I think dilute Rodinal works too. I still have five rolls of this in 120 which I must use.

Steve.

I used to find it pretty contrasty whatever you developed it in, there was a developer called technidol (if memorys right) that was made for it, but any B+W dev will develop it, although you's have to figure out the times.

Back