Kodak Vision 3 Emulsions

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Is anybody using any of the Kodak Vision 3 film stock? I know they need ECN 2 process but I'm thinking of giving one of them a go so would welcome any experience of them.

ive used 50d. I didnt like it. I had it processed in ECN 2 and have also done a roll in c41. Both were pretty soft and had weird colours. Personally I think they are intended for colour grading. I might be wrong but the results I got looked nothing like other peoples Ive seen, Portra looks better to me.

Ive used 500t but only as cinestill 800t. I liked that film, pretty grainy though I pushed it to 1600 but it has that cool night time, neon light thing going on

Reactions: Jao
I've used the 500t and it was ok from what I remember... I have a bulk tin of 250d to try out so I'll let you know if I get round to using it.

Reactions: Jao
I have bulk rolls of both Vision 50D and Vision 250D.

The 250D, I haven't shot yet but I expect to be using some next week. I've written a couple of blog posts about 50D, here:

I have used 500T and was really impressed with it. The colour tones worked really well for what I wanted to achieve, and overall it seemed like a nicec film to work with. The only downside is the limited number of labs that process ECN2. The one I used Silverpan, and while the results were great, the time it took to come back was way longer than my usual lab (Peak Imaging). That said I would definitely use it again, and in fact I have some 500T, 200T and 250D to use also.

Images below shot on Canon EOS 5QD with 50mm f1.8

Attachments

• Image 11 (8)-Edit.jpg
    Image 11 (8)-Edit.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 11 (19)-Edit.jpg
    Image 11 (19)-Edit.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
I've used the 500t and it was ok from what I remember... I have a bulk tin of 250d to try out so I'll let you know if I get round to using it.
Thanks Lee, let me know how it pans out.
I have bulk rolls of both Vision 50D and Vision 250D.

The 250D, I haven't shot yet but I expect to be using some next week. I've written a couple of blog posts about 50D, here:

Kevin, great Blog posts and some super images, I really like the muted colours . Thanks for information, very helpful indeed.
I have used 500T and was really impressed with it. The colour tones worked really well for what I wanted to achieve, and overall it seemed like a nicec film to work with. The only downside is the limited number of labs that process ECN2. The one I used Silverpan, and while the results were great, the time it took to come back was way longer than my usual lab (Peak Imaging). That said I would definitely use it again, and in fact I have some 500T, 200T and 250D to use also.

Images below shot on Canon EOS 5QD with 50mm f1.8

Darren, many thanks for sharing this, great images too.

Back