La Vie en Bleu @ Prescott Hill Climb

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
I finally made it to Prescott for a hill climb event yesterday. I haven't been since I was a kid and I've been itching to take my camera along.

My panning sucks! I should've taken a monopod along for a bit of help, but as I took my daughter (2 year old) I didn't bother. All good fun though, I'll certainly be going back! :D

A few black and whites until I sort out the rest :)

La Vie en Bleu May 2011 by jj_glos, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love Prescott - you get slow close. I guess the TVR's were running the sprint challenge?

I think 2 & 4 work well in B&W but the rest look a little dark and the cars are lost in the background.

If you get down to the start when the older cars are there and shoot B&W you'll swear you were back in the olden days.

I love Prescott - you get slow close. I guess the TVR's were running the sprint challenge?

I think 2 & 4 work well in B&W but the rest look a little dark and the cars are lost in the background.

If you get down to the start when the older cars are there and shoot B&W you'll swear you were back in the olden days.

it is a great day out, I'll definitely be going back later in the year.

I have gone for a darker look for some, they look fine on my monitor, but are dark granted.

A few more:

Decent pp and comp,although the cones sort of spoil the last one
....liking the shots through the trees
Personally think the b&w has been overdone a tad though :thinking:

They are pretty contrasty :)

Some from the walk around, access to the paddock area is excellent. Shame my daughter kept rolling off down the hill in her pushchair every time I stopped to take a shot! :D

I really like them Julian,some superb pans ,and paddock shots are really nice.
Those Lotus's are just wonderful,and the Gold Leaf one is just an incredible car,and magnificent restoration.
An amazing meet,one I couldn't attend this year.

Regards,
Pons

A great set of pictures, lovely action captured and the stlls from the paddock are so crisp

Some cracking stuff there Julian... I was signed on for Saturday but didn't actually go trackside and have to admit to taking very few of the cars going up the hill. Mind you that might be because I got talked in to joining the can can girls for the weekend so if you have any photo's of a blonde in a red basque (as opposed to a black one) then that's me!

The girls make it look so easy but it is one of the hardest things I have ever done... Fantastic fun though :)

The girls make it look so easy but it is one of the hardest things I have ever done... Fantastic fun though :)

Presumably, you were the only can-can girl who was carrying a 100-400L* then?

(May not have been that exact lens but I do recall one of the can-can girls having a camera with her!)

I was there too for the weekend, have about 1200pics I've taken but haven't gotten through editing them yet. I think my panning skills aren't quite up to the shots here, but it was great practice for LeMans in a couple of weeks time...

I seemed to struggle to get shots in focus anything below 1/80th at f/9, using the 100-400L on the 7D in a combination of AF modes. Will post some shots up in a separate thread once I've deleted all the really bad ones ;)

Lol that was me but it's a 70-200L... I look forward to seeing your shots once you have gone through them :)

Cheers all :) I'm definitely in that "totally stoked" phase at the moment, I think I've found an alternative to shoot now that the Rugby season has finished! I need to get back out to Castle Coombe as well. I'm going to have to put a calendar together and then work on getting it past the wife :D (although in fairness she likes a day out at the races as well :) )

Back