Lacking inspiration and getting frustrated!

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
No
Hi all!
I was wondering if any other fellow photographers have felt like I do lately. I feel extremely fed up and lacking motivation with my photography. I want to develop a certain style but I just don't seem to be perfecting it or really know what type of style it is that I want to be known for! I have an idea in my head but I do get frustrated as I can't ever seem to make it happen. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Any advice on how to deal with this will be warmly welcome!

Thank you!
Laura

Try lots of different things, and that way you'll find your own style. Don't get stuck in a rut just because you are trying to develop a particular style. Push the boundaries a bit, get out of your comfort zone. Then go back to the idea you have in your head. You'll probably find you are now looking at it with fresh eyes and fresh ideas.

I am finding that the 52 Challenge on here is making me think in new ways, try new things, and find subjects that I normally wouldn't think of, some of which I'm finding I really like and want to develop further.

Spring is around the corner ;)

Get up early and catch the sunrise :)

Hi Laura, Welcome!

Taking part in the 365 or 52 series I have found a great way to keep me inspired to get out and do something different, somthing that I wouldn't usually consider or go to places I would normally put off! Maybe give it a go?

I have an idea in my head but I do get frustrated as I can't ever seem to make it happen. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

I have at times shot every night for a week to get over an idea I had, experimenting and perfecting it until it came out as I wanted. There were times there I was close but not quite what I wanted. Just break it down into stages and work through it.

Post some of your photos and may be some links to photos that are close to the style you are trying to achive and I'm sure people will help out. If you don't know what you want to do then doing the 52 weeks challenge may be a good way of finding things you like but it can also be a massive distraction and make you jump about all over the place without ever settling down to get good at one style.

break it down into stages
Agreed. If you are already visualising a 'look', you need to analyse how to get to it. At least as a loose framework that you can hone by experiment. Things like lighting, focal length ...

Back