Ladies in particular, beware! I have just been robbed...

You may not hear from the Police for ages, I got hit in my car by a guy on a mobile phone, the police were called at the time. It took me 2 1/2 months to sort the car insurance and get the payout and then a month after that the police sent me a letter saying there wasn't enough evidence to charge the guy. So don't expect a call soon...

I'd agree with the last comment about about the speed of the police follow up.

I had a car stolen a few years ago, 3 months later they sent me a letter starting as Dear victim and then went on to tell me how they still had no further information on the theft of registration *******

I wasn't surprised really as the reg they quoted didn't have a single character that was in my reg.

Sad fact is the police has been cut back for years and they are over run with catching little scrotes like the one who nicked photostars kit, and then having to let them back on the streets because some politically correct ******wit has told the judge he's had a difficult childhood.!!!!!!!!!!!!

makes my blood boil.....just cut their hands off, they'll not go on the rob again :annoyed: :annoyed:

Sorry to hear about your story.

Dreadful thing to happen and I hope you get sorted Ok with your insurance (which I am confident you will).

As for the credit agency you can write to them (yes an actual letter) and ask for something to be put in the comments section. Basically you just state that some of your identification has been stolen and you would like anyone requesting credit for the next 6 months to please verify by contacting blah blah blah. It will go on very quickly and it is best to be safe.

Back