Ladies in particular, beware! I have just been robbed...

Thanks everyone, for your kind wishes; you have no idea how much better it makes me feel.

answering some of your comments:

We'd only just changed locks on house after burglary 6 months ago! Fortunately he didn't get my keys and all the doors and windows are very secure.

I lost the Canon 350 D with Optec neck strap; 17-85 IS USM; 50mm 1.8; 24-70 f2.8 L:crying: :crying: + hood and 70-300 IS USM (?). Lowepro Orion Trekker ll, AP holder with cards x3 and batteries x2 (no images on cards), all lenses had Hoya skylight filters. Wallet with credit cards, cash, and assorted bits and pieces. Oh and my driving licence.

I was looking forward to my 1000th post being pics of Chris's Gig..........:(

So sorry to hear this. Let's hope the local police can identify the habitual offender from the CCTV. I hope the insurance company doesn't give you any grief when claiming. :(

I always lock my car even when I'm driving around with nothing in the passenger seat. Coming from Malaysia, where "snatch" thieves are rife, locking the door is really a neccessity. They operate on motorbikes pulling up alongside you when you're stoppped at a junction/traffic light and if you have a bag in the passenger seat, they just open the door and grab it and scoot off while you're stuck in a traffic queue.

There was one case where a woman was stopped at a traffic light, then a man came up to the car, opened the driver's door, started scolding her as if they were having a domestic argument and yanked her out of the car. Slapped her to the ground and got in the car and drove off. In broad daylight.

*sigh*

Scum like this need a bl**dy good hammering :boxer: :bat:

Or the alternative that i like would be to cut one of their hands off and prevent them from claiming disability benefit due to self inflicted wounding :naughty:

Hope all goes well with the insurance claim.

I can see by looking at your previous replies that you have really been through the mill this last year or so but dont let this low life get you down ........ remember that you have good friends (many from here no doubt) and we are here to help however we can ........ even if it's just to boost your morale (y) :clap: .

Oh and BTW if you get to find out who it is that did this to you give me a shout and i'll pay him a little visit ;) :naughty: (y)

Take care and best wishes

Pete and Nikki (Pepsi)

So sorry to hear this :(

How can people do this? I cannot even contimplate how anyone can do this to another person.

Just give me an hour alone in a locked room with them...sheer bliss!..Grrrrr

So glad you are insured. I think hearing this will make me go and get my stuff insured as I should have a long time ago.

I've not posted before now, because to be honest I've not known what to say, and I still don't have the right words. But everyone's beaten me to it anyway, All I can do is echo what everyone else has said. But keep your chin up, Carole, and we WILL definately meet up, and soon. Thinking of you x

Holy Cr*p!!!

That's just awful. I can imagine how angry you must be feeling right now - I had an old push-bike nicked last year and it still burns my a*s when I think about it.

Bloody thieving scum-bags should be sent to the salt-mines for a bit of Corporal Punishment - this involves myself and a few other Corporals with baseball-bats doncha-know...

I hope the insurance claim goes straight-forward - the last thing you need now is to spend days or weeks hassling those guys...

I always lock my car even when I'm driving around with nothing in the passenger seat. Coming from Malaysia, where "snatch" thieves are rife, locking the door is really a neccessity. They operate on motorbikes pulling up alongside you when you're stoppped at a junction/traffic light and if you have a bag in the passenger seat, they just open the door and grab it and scoot off while you're stuck in a traffic queue.

This is actually becoming quite rife in the UK, not so much on motorbikes but just opportunist yanking open the door when your stuck at lights or in traffic, so lock those doors- particularly when you're in town.

No2 Son was stuck in traffic in town a couple of years ago when this low life yanked open the passenger door and calm as you like said "Alright mate?" while he had a quick gander on the back seat then opened the glove box and started rummaging around. :cautious:

No2 Son thought about it for two seconds then punched him out - left him lying on the pavement looking not very well at all. :LOL:

No2 Son thought about it for two seconds then punched him out - left him lying on the pavement looking not very well at all. :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (y) to No2 Son.

That just terrible! :( I don't ever lock my doors as I dont really trust electrics to work if ever in an accident and the doors (and electric windows) remaining shut fast! - it really is a damn shame that people have to travel around locked in these days because of some of the scum out there!!!

and sorry to make light of this but
I had an old push-bike nicked last year and it still burns my a*s when I think about it.
I think you needed a new saddle! if thats the effect remembering you bike has on you!! Vindaloo brings back the same memories for me :p

:hug: Carole. So sorry to hear this. I'm totally gobsmacked. This sort of scum really makes my blood boil. Hope you get some new shiny kit to play with soon :) and the theiving lowlife gets whats coming to him.

I don't ever lock my doors as I dont really trust electrics to work if ever in an accident and the doors (and electric windows) remaining shut fast!

Me neither. I've seen what happens to drivers trapped in burning cars :shake: - I'd rather get robbed.

There was one case where a woman was stopped at a traffic light, then a man came up to the car, opened the driver's door, started scolding her as if they were having a domestic argument and yanked her out of the car. Slapped her to the ground and got in the car and drove off. In broad daylight.

*sigh*

this so nearly happened to me a few years ago, I stopped for some traffic lights but my car was near to a bus stop, a lad sort of made a wave and smiled and moved forward as if he knew me....he started to approach the car and i pushed the central locking button..he just hit the top of the car at his annoyance but it left me shaking!

I am so shocked to read this...I'll carry on reading the comments now... :shake:

Shiser, :( I feel for you PS, an horrific experience.

:D The last piece of 'kangaroo court' I heard about, was when a very battered, bruised and bandaged fella with an arm in a sling turned up with the police on an Industrial estate where I rented space... They where acting on this fellas complaint of being beaten up and run over with a car. :thinking: Hmmmm

No one had seen anything of use to the police, me included. :shrug: ;)

......Apparently, we where told later, this poor victim if crime, had in fact been caught steeling a chap’s car in the middle of the night... So these chaps decided to slap him about a bit, thrown him to the ground and driven over him with the said car...Twice! :eek:

Oooh the guilt of knowing that stuck in my throat for at least five minutes. :LOL:

Hey Carole

Glad to hear you are unharmed physically. I have had a similar incident locally once except I lost much less in value...Only a cellphone.

I had to face a knife or two though and I really know the anger and other emotions you feel afterwards....no time to think much while it is happening.

It might take you a good few days or more to recover emotionally and then you will probably go into this suspicious mode...

Please let us know if the BA***RD is caught and try to put this behind you asap:hug:

Sorry to hear of this...........it's absolutely shocking.

Disgusting behavior from the trash that haunts this country.:bat:

Hope everything turns out well with the insurance.:)

My car only opens the drivers door unless I double click the remote to open all the doors. Used to think that 'feature' was annoying...maybe it is a good thing after all.

Like everyone else I feel anger for the distress you have been through - and relief the only damage was loss of property.

My car only opens the drivers door unless I double click the remote to open all the doors. Used to think that 'feature' was annoying...maybe it is a good thing after all.

You got a Mondeo?
That feature used to annoy the back out of me if I was working on one at the time, :LOL: now i'm very security minded. Drive away locking is great, but it wouldn't have helped here as she hadn't started to move off :(

No I have a new Skoda Octavia estate.

(see I told you I was old )

and it is a very well made car - just a shame about the badge :LOL:

I know it wasn't your fault but please lock everything in the boot out of sight, these b*s****s will steal anything. Next time you go through a car park check the cars. The amount of valuables left in the car is amazing - sat nav, bags, phones etc. Lock everything out of sight.

Aww no - so sorry to hear about that. Hope everything gets sorted quickly.

I refuse point blank to carry camera stuff in the boot as a general rule - if I have to get out of the car for whatever reason (even paying for fuel) the gear comes with me. If I stop on the hard shoulder I'm always straight out of the car and that bag is over my shoulder as I leave....I simply couldn't leave it there in case anything happened! My car (A Clio - shurrup Arkady!) has the button on the dash to lock the doors on entry and also the drive away 4mph auto locking thing, but I never remember to lock them as soon as I get in - perhaps I will now.....

One minor point about the gear in the boot. There have already been cases of people losing stuff from their boot when they pull up at a petrol station - someone is behind the car as they get out and of course opening their door also opens the boot.......a vital few seconds for a thief to open it and grab what he sees.....

Sorry to hear about this, it must have been a terrible shock. At least your physically okay, let's be thankful for small mercies.

Sorry to hear about that Photostar - good luck with the insurance claim and getting all your cards etc replaced. Glad to hear you weren't hurt and that it was caught on CCTV :hug:

did the petrol station have a CCTV install? they would have got that on camera, a nice bit of evidence for plod...

Hey Photostar

Hope you are well and putting this behind you!!

Take the lesson out of this incident and by all means become more vigilant BUT PLEASE do not become a long term victim, because this will cause you much harm.... been there:bang:

All the best!!

Have you contacted the police! you may need a crime number to give to insurance and DVLA as you need to tell them your licence has been stolen.

Glad your ok and its nothing that can't be replaced. At least the CCTV may help in catching the nasty c***

I hate to be the bearer of even worse news but please read your insurance policy VERY carefully before you fill out the claim form. Most insurers will not pay out for anything that isn't locked in the boot, i,e if its on the seat, behind the seat etc you are not going to get the money.

I fell fowl of this because it's also not covered if you have an estate car and there isn't one of those pull over blinds covering the boot space. No payout.

You goods must be secured and hidden from view. You may find that they won't pay out because the doors weren't locked and there wasn't a forced entry too.

Check your policy in detail. You may be able to claim on the car insurance policy instead if the house one doesn't cover it. Worth reading the boring documents in detail I'm affraid.

Also, in future I would suggest getting specific cover. Its not as expensive as you may think to get photographic insurance cover including in car losses covered but again, the car has to be locked and the goods out of sight.

With regards to your licence and cards going missing you must get a police crime number and inform the banks, and credit reference agencies. This is becuase the person involved now has the ability to steal your identity and possibly obtain credit or good in your name. This is why I suggest you contact the credit refence agencies as request that owing to the crime they double check any applications received by calling you on a specified number.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but I;ve been caught out so I am trying to help.

Hope you got some sleep.

Umm... why do you need to contact a credit reference agency?

Experian and Equifax.

Note that you don't have to pay the £15 or whatever for the "full" report. You can get the full report that is required by law for £1.50 or something. Usually, that's enough. You might have to hunt around the site to get this "basic" report though. They don't advertise it obviously on the site.

https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/

I recently signed up for there 30day free trial, seems pretty good but its £5.99 after the trial period, so will cancelling soon, but might be good for you.

I hate to be the bearer of even worse news but please read your insurance policy VERY carefully before you fill out the claim form. Most insurers will not pay out for anything that isn't locked in the boot, i,e if its on the seat, behind the seat etc you are not going to get the money.

I fell fowl of this because it's also not covered if you have an estate car and there isn't one of those pull over blinds covering the boot space. No payout.

You goods must be secured and hidden from view. You may find that they won't pay out because the doors weren't locked and there wasn't a forced entry too.

Check your policy in detail. You may be able to claim on the car insurance policy instead if the house one doesn't cover it. Worth reading the boring documents in detail I'm affraid.

Also, in future I would suggest getting specific cover. Its not as expensive as you may think to get photographic insurance cover including in car losses covered but again, the car has to be locked and the goods out of sight.

With regards to your licence and cards going missing you must get a police crime number and inform the banks, and credit reference agencies. This is becuase the person involved now has the ability to steal your identity and possibly obtain credit or good in your name. This is why I suggest you contact the credit refence agencies as request that owing to the crime they double check any applications received by calling you on a specified number.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but I;ve been caught out so I am trying to help.

Hope you got some sleep.

Hi
You're a right ray of sunshine!!!;)

Insurance policy says "goods outside the home" so should be covered even if I had been carrying the bag in the street.

As I have already said in this thread, I was actually in the process of getting into the car after paying for fuel, so there was no time to "put it out of sight" and anyway, with central locking meaning all doors were open, what good would it have done if I had put it into a boot first.......they would have just opened it and taken it anyway. (As it happens, I have no boot; it's a 4x4 with a huge back door).

It's all on CCTV, but I haven't heard from the police since it happened, so it doesn't look like there's going to be any further action. Victim support haven't contacted me either.

I'd just like to say a big thank you :ty: to all those kind people who have wished me well and sent me flowers. As for those of you who feel they know what I "should have done" can I just say...:razz: See what you do when it happens to you!

I'd just like to say a big thank you :ty: to all those kind people who have wished me well and sent me flowers.

I was wondering if you got them!:)

Back