Ladies Wrestling !

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
That time of year where I get ringside of wrestling. This year was a little different (my 3rd year) with some ladies showing their metal.

Kay Lee Ray vs Xia Brookside.

Kay Lee Ray is a Scottish lass, has been part of TNA British Boot Camp II during October 2014, been on WWE's NXT, ICW and is currently wrestling for All Stars Wrestling.

Xia is a Wirral girl, I cant seem to find much about her so I think she is fairly new to the wrestling world. Her brother, Robbie Brookside is also a wrestler.

Here are my favourites from the evening, though more can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/cdhpix/8d5921

Apologies for the watermark.

_MG_1876 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_1995 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_1936 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_2047 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_2215 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_2362 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_2393 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

_MG_2227 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks for popping in.

Nice! Love the last one.

Only crit from me would be that they're all shot low down. Are you able to stand up to get the odd shot then sit back down?
I was standing! lol. The ring is set quite high, also, the end of the ring to the rope-line is "deep" so I couldnt even lean into the ring like I have been able to, with Boxing. I might try a longer reaching lens next time and shoot from afar and see how that goes. Lighting wasn't too bad, at F4, 3200ISO though with a 150-600mm I will have to push up the ISO a bit more but I think I can get away with it. Cheers matey (y)

When i used to shoot boxing i ised to stand on the ring for about 5 shots then get back down again so i didn't p*** the punters off too much. No idea if you're allowed to or not though.

150-600... Lol. That's gonna suck. :D

When i used to shoot boxing i ised to stand on the ring for about 5 shots then get back down again so i didn't p*** the punters off too much. No idea if you're allowed to or not though.

150-600... Lol. That's gonna suck. :D
standing on the ring would be too bad with Boxing but with the guys and women throwing themselves into the ropes, the last thing I would want to be, is in the way. I'd be knocked flying! lol

Somethign different :) Great colours and white balance ..where was this?

I dont know why your apologising for the watermark unless you mean because its useless as a 10 yr old could remove it ? :)

Time it wisely and you'll be reet. Just make sure you have somewhere to jump to if they come and body slam their opponent in to your face.

:D
lol, I'll stick with being able to make a quick scarper if I stay on the floor thank you lmao

Enjoyed those a lot!
Cheers (y)

Somethign different :) Great colours and white balance ..where was this?

I dont know why your apologising for the watermark unless you mean because its useless as a 10 yr old could remove it ? :)
Oakengates theatre, they have it there once, sometimes twice a year. I have a couple more sets to pop up of different matches. I based the WB on one of the wrestlers holding a England flag, used camera raw white balance select, clicked on it and it looked good, so made a preset for the whole event under that WB and settings.

Wheres the mud
I know :( lol

Thanks for commenting everyone (y)

1 - good but a tad underexposed

2 - a nothing shot really

3 and 8 - good but ref distracts big time

4, 5 and 7 - meh

6 - good

Thanks for the pleasure Carl!

Nailed expositions (but #1) and great renditions.

I don't give a damn for their show but your takes
of it are very cool! ;-)

I had to google "expositions" ... just me? :)

Sorry… a French word that skipped the translation!

Exposures is the right world… sorry again!

Last edited:
Good exposure and colours. Been ringside a few times and know how hard it can be predict movement of the fighters

Back