Lake District night shots

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from Derwentwater....all the lighting in these shots is natural using an almost full moon. I'm a bit of a bad sleeper so decided to head out for some star shots, leaving home at 1.30am in -5 degree weather....out shooting 'til 8am, it was a great morning to be out and about :)

The branch [Explore #30 5/12/12] by Martin Steele., on Flickr

It's all about Skiddaw [Explore #6 6/12/12] by Martin Steele., on Flickr

The jetty once more... by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Ullswater the same morning....

Shooting star over Ullswater [Explore #126 7/12/12] by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Coniston the following weekend, it's amazing how different the shots can be with little moonlight....first time i've "light painted" using my torch to light the jetty....

Under the night sky by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Starry eyed [Explore #490 10/12/12] by Martin Steele., on Flickr

Enjoy, and of course, all comments and constructive criticism is welcomed :)

fantastic set of images and very inspirational.

andy

The pictures are great. Criticism , cannot think of any. Just in awe of these.

Lovely set of images, 1 & 5 are favourites, and both were worth staying up for!

Stunning set of images. Never been to the lake district but will he going soon hopefully.

Really really lovely shots :) I particularly like the reflected star trails one

Wow these are fantastic. Where in the lakes are you from? I'm from the Penrith area

Thanks. I'm just north of Carlisle mate :)

Cracking set of images Martin, if I had to pick a favourite it'd be number 1.

Thank you! Number 1 is my favourite shot of them all too :)

Well done, excellent set of images. Love the star trails. My only gripe, and it's purely personal, is the branch in the first one. It just seems to drag my eye to it. Sorry.

One of my favorite locations in the country, they are fantastic shots.

What a beautiful set. The snow on the mountain tops actually looks lit! Who needs sleep when you can take shots like this.

That's a great set Martin, numbers 2&3 if I have to choose and if I was being fussy I would like to combine them so that I had the trails from number 3 with the snow topped Skiddaw from number 2. Brilliant set and keep it up, Phil.

That is a cracking set of shots - well done.

No.1 is my favourite. Someone has mentioned the branch is distracting, but I find it a great lead-in to the shot. However, my eye is drawn away from the main part of the shot towards the lights on the left. I think I would crop out those lights. Having said that, I'm being picky - it's a great capture.

Ken

there are a lot of people who say you should NOT just contribute to a thread with short comments like - great shots....Well sod em

GREAT SHOTS! :)

Brilliant shots these. Can't believe it's the same wet rainy Lake District I've been to so many times before.

Can't wait to get into this kind of long exposure stuff when I get my new Manfrotto tripod from crimbo :D

Wow Martin. That is a pretty stunning set of shots. Mind you looking at your Flickr account you've got plenty in that category. I especially like #1, #2 and #3 all for slightly different reasons. Having a snow topped Skiddaw really adds to the shots as well. Thanks for sharing.

Great photos, very impressive :) #2 and #3 are my favourites.

Back