Lake District PP HELP

R

RobbieW

Hi

I took this a couple of months ago in the Lake District, I like the idea of the image, but something doesn't feel right to me. Can anyone offer any advice or tips with what I can do to it?

1893841358_20e1afd70d_o.jpg

Thanks

Rob

something about the sky imo

by the way ive seen that exact shot many times before. still looks nice though..

md(y)

Thats a really nice shot though, Rob. Looks very 3d with lots of depth to it.

Do you think it is just the sky that is troubling you?

There's some nice components to it, but the big rock on the left in the foreground is a bit too 'samey' for me, and my eye sort of gets caught on it before seeing the bridge. Maybe a tighter crop to the left? It looks a little flat, too, which is no doubt due to the grey day - perhaps inject a bit more colour saturation?

EDIT - Susane beat me to it :)

thanks Janice and Yvonne, this maybe one of those situations where I am looking to deep and too long at the same image. I will turn off my pc for the night and look again tomorrow. Pleased you both like it :)

It's a very nice shot Rob :) I can see the point about the sky, it's not great but that could easily be solved in PS. The think that strikes me about the shot, and it might be what's bugging you, it that everything is very central. Maybe a crop to the right of the stream and a bit off the top (which would loose some of the sky) might help :shrug: dunno, just a thought :)

My try. I think yours was just a little dull. I pulled exposure up (except the sky) dodged and burned the sky a little...... bit of saturation and a bit of contrast.

bridge.jpg

thanks all, will have another play tomorrow and see what comes out of this one

thanks all for your comments, I am looking at it with totally different eyes this morning, I think you can spend too long looking at one picture when post processing if that makes sense.

I think a grop to remove it from the centre will be tried and then go from there.

Someone had a post about what would you do to get the perfect shot, well for this, I was sitting on one of the rocks with my tripod, the water around my feet, then I moved a little to the left and the water wasn't around my feet - I was sitting in it!

Rob,

I had a play with the shadow / highlight tool in PS and a couple of layer masks on the hills and greenery.

Bit of a halo effect going on due to the low res source image though.

rob1.jpg

thanks all, plenty of ideas for me to play with now.

Much appreicated.

Ashness bridge?

It is indeed, possibly the most photographed bridge in England. And the view has been used on calendars for years, which is why it might look familiar.

The pic is a typical Lakeland summer vista - very green with overcast/grey skies. If you came back in autumn or winter it would be far more striking - the fells (hills) in the distance might even have a dusting of snow on the tops. And if you are very lucky, you might get a blue sky too. ;)

It is indeed, possibly the most photographed bridge in England. And the view has been used on calendars for years, which is why it might look familiar.

The pic is a typical Lakeland summer vista - very green with overcast/grey skies. If you came back in autumn or winter it would be far more striking - the fells (hills) in the distance might even have a dusting of snow on the tops. And if you are very lucky, you might get a blue sky too. ;)

We might even get some snow by the weekend. :D

i think milestones works best for me imo

Back