North England Lake District

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm off to the lakes for a few days. I can go anywhere, where would you suggest for landscapes?

I want all kinds of landscapes but I specifically want to do some water reflection work.

Thanks in advance.

Buttermere is always a winner. Plenty to shoot there regardless of conditions but it comes into its own when it is super still and the reflections are perfect .

Wastwater is another good spot for reflections as is Blea tarn.

All the waters/tarns are beautiful if the conditions suite.

If you need guidance to the lakes there are plenty of books! If you get to blea tarn then do go there! But I said I was going 5 mins away to have a look and wasn't back for 5 hours ! They didn't wait..... I found so much to shoot!

Hardknott and Wrynose pass are both great for fell views but the weather has to be good in order to get up there. It's one hell of a steep pass and I suspect a tricky ascent if it's icy.

Yeah, Buttermere, Blea Tarn are the top of my list. Also Wastwater, if you have time get over the Parton, great rocks on the beach for a sunrise/set.

This is a great book, one of the best IMO.

Enjoy.

Cheers.

Brother's Water is nice. Expect to queue for the jetty on Derwent water.

There is another lake further along the road from Buttermere that is nice. It's not the first one but next. Can't remember name off the top of my head.

A nice view is from the decent into Eskdale on Hardknott.

Lord of the rings style landscape in Dunnerdale.

Carry on down the road from the famous bridge whose name escapes me right now to a tarn. That's OK but if you walk over the stream to the right of the cafe you come across a nice view into Borrowdale.

A nice dawn view is from the top of the fell between grasmere and rydal water. It over looks a tarn.

You want an relatively unknown waterfall? Research Tranearth.

*Edited after my phone inserted some daft spell checks

Last edited:
No link Tom.

Back