Lamborghini Aventador

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Quick shoot of an LP700-4 last night. Shot with a Nikon D800, 24-70mm lens and lit with a phone. Only took three images due to time constraints so this is the first; I'll upload the rest if this goes down well.

142fwwp.jpg

Thanks for looking.

There's a house that I cycle past that has one of these parked out front. The guy also has a Ferrari California (actually, perhaps a couple - the colours kept changing - most recently a white one), Ferrari FF V12 4-seater, Mercedes ML55 AMG SUV, Mercedes G55 AMG SUV, Audi R8 GT, and a number of other assorted Escalades and so on. He also had a Mercedes SLS, but I haven't seen that one in a while. This morning there was a new addition, A Maclaren (not sure which model, but a new one).

Stunning car and photo. Someone might say the lift is distracting but I noticed the Kahn box first.

Luv da Lamba:cool: The photo's great too- excellently composed & lit, good angle of shot, great detail (Oh to have a full-frame cam:grumpy:)

There's a house that I cycle past that has one of these parked out front. The guy also has a Ferrari California (actually, perhaps a couple - the colours kept changing - most recently a white one), Ferrari FF V12 4-seater, Mercedes ML55 AMG SUV, Mercedes G55 AMG SUV, Audi R8 GT, and a number of other assorted Escalades and so on. He also had a Mercedes SLS, but I haven't seen that one in a while. This morning there was a new addition, A Maclaren (not sure which model, but a new one).

Maybe he's making up for something:whistle:

Quick shoot of an LP700-4 last night. Shot with a Nikon D800, 24-70mm lens and lit with a phone. Only took three images due to time constraints so this is the first; I'll upload the rest if this goes down well.

142fwwp.jpg

Thanks for looking.

What do you mean by "and lit with a phone"?

Got to say Graham I'm continually impressed with your work. Somewhat sad that we won't be seeing any more RAF shots from you but I can't grumble given what you've moved to! I did wonder what you'd be shooting when I saw the BBMF post on FaceAche that you'd moved to pastures new... Hope everything is going well for you!

That second shot is just stunning.

Harry.

Thanks Harry, means a lot to hear that to be honest. I still have good friends in the RAF so I'm hoping to combine the two worlds in the near future as we're working on some fairly big automotive ideas here, although it will be commercial imagery. My good friend was promoted onto the Reds and seeing him jetting around Cyprus on facebook has made me question my decision a few times; somehow not even a Lamborghini is as exciting as a Spitfire or a Typhoon! Especially gutted to be missing the D-Day commemorations and twin Lancaster flights! Thanks also Mike :)

Thanks Harry, means a lot to hear that to be honest. I still have good friends in the RAF so I'm hoping to combine the two worlds in the near future as we're working on some fairly big automotive ideas here, although it will be commercial imagery. My good friend was promoted onto the Reds and seeing him jetting around Cyprus on facebook has made me question my decision a few times; somehow not even a Lamborghini is as exciting as a Spitfire or a Typhoon! Especially gutted to be missing the D-Day commemorations and twin Lancaster flights! Thanks also Mike :)

Well your work has always been pretty inspiring, it is infant one of the things that almost swayed me into applying myself. I look forward to seeing what happens when you combine the two, I'm starting to make a few connections here and there and have a few ideas to suggest in the future... I'll see what you come up with first though :)

Either way, keep up the good work :) I guess it must be a bit of a bummer to missing out on those, especially the 2 lancs... Without wanting to be nosey did you know that was in the pipeline before you left?

Harry.

First is really nicely lit, works well. Second silhouette hasn't the punch, the lighting needs to be more to add the same vibrancy of the first.
Nice cars to play with, good dramatic angles.

Well your work has always been pretty inspiring, it is infant one of the things that almost swayed me into applying myself. I look forward to seeing what happens when you combine the two, I'm starting to make a few connections here and there and have a few ideas to suggest in the future... I'll see what you come up with first though :)

Thanks, very kind of you to say! If it's something you're still interested in, try and arrange to have a visit to an air station and see what the guys get up to and see if it's for you or not. Let me know if there's any way I can help with your connections.

Either way, keep up the good work :) I guess it must be a bit of a bummer to missing out on those, especially the 2 lancs... Without wanting to be nosey did you know that was in the pipeline before you left?

Harry.

I knew the D-Day commemorations were happening and I'd been putting all my energy in those last days to working on a D-Day Typhoon paint-scheme and trying to potentially tee-up a static line para drop from the Dakota. Unfortunately BBMF were still in their pre-display season work-up and most of the aircraft were in bits. The Lancasters were confirmed within a week of me clearing from camp, so I was a little bit gutted! I'll definitely be making the trip out to see them both fly.

First is really nicely lit, works well. Second silhouette hasn't the punch, the lighting needs to be more to add the same vibrancy of the first.
Nice cars to play with, good dramatic angles

Thanks for the feedback. #2 is intended more as a teaser image. I have a frame with the whole car lit which will likely be used in the end product as the brochure is for the wheels. Thankfully I work with some very talented graphic designers who will be able to finish it off for me!

Thanks, very kind of you to say! If it's something you're still interested in, try and arrange to have a visit to an air station and see what the guys get up to and see if it's for you or not. Let me know if there's any way I can help with your connections.

I knew the D-Day commemorations were happening and I'd been putting all my energy in those last days to working on a D-Day Typhoon paint-scheme and trying to potentially tee-up a static line para drop from the Dakota. Unfortunately BBMF were still in their pre-display season work-up and most of the aircraft were in bits. The Lancasters were confirmed within a week of me clearing from camp, so I was a little bit gutted! I'll definitely be making the trip out to see them both fly.

Graham, I made the decision to follow my head not my heart and am currently doing an apprenticeship in engineering with the view to becoming a draftsman...! Not to say I wouldn't be interested in the long term :) Thanks for the offer!

Gah, so close!! No wonder you're gutted!

Harry.

Really like the first shot, an angle I missed out trying when I shot one, the seconds more like what I had. Really good car to shoot and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Only critique I can add is the number plate lights in #1 detract a little and the yellow lift posts are sticking out the roof, maybe reign them back a bit.

Cheers
Scott

Really a class act that one, love it! ncie even light and highlights bang on the body lines.

Like the "red vs blue" theme, if only you'd had a clue on up on the lift!

I'll need to have a look into my setup if all you had was a phone!

Scott

Nicely lit. However, 2 things that are bothering me is the lit wheel in the background and the left side of the hood is a little too dark for my taste (unless that is a smoked stripe he had on the Aventador)

I love the second one. It draws your attention to a body shape that wouldn't ordinarially see.

Thanks Marco :)

Didn't think this was worthy of its own thread as it's really a tester shot (quick single exposure lit with two flashes). It's for a brief at work so required more processing than I'd like and to be honest is out of my normal comfort-zone/skillset. Not entirely happy with it as a result, but would appreciate honest feedback regardless.
32zl17a.jpg

Feels alive, great shot mate!! The sky is a little overpowering if I had to pick something.

Thanks Martin, secretly pleased the first feedback is positive! Completely agree with the sky, it was my biggest headache. Shot on a day with a sudden downpour and bright sunshine so there's absolutely no detail in the sky. Tried dropping another sky in but just couldn't get it to look anything but odd, so that's now on my 'to-learn' list!

I know its already been said but those Lamborghini shots are stunning, especially the last one - can't Imagine how much effort it must have taken to get that shot :)

Back