East Anglia landscape locations in... Essex?

Name
Manuel Sechi
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Everyone
this is my very first post on this forum, after a few years lurking :)
I know this is hard but, is there anyone who could suggest me some interesting spot for landscape / seascape / cityscape photography in or around Essex?

thanks
:wave:

It’s probably because I live here but I don’t find Essex that’s interesting to be honest. The only place I consider worth driving to is Southend but that’s only 25min from me and I go there not expecting anything amazing

Some nice villages in the North of the county such as Finchingfield, Castle Hedingham and Thaxted.
Saffron Walden is a pleasant town and Audley End House is nearby
Manningtree and along the estuary to Harwich which is also an interesting town with some unusual architecture

Tollesbury marina is another interesting location. lots of boats and marshes. Also a selection of dead trees from flooding of farm land .

The book by Justin Minns "Photographing East Anglia" has some ideas for north Essex.

Thanks all for all the suggestions
I think I'll get the book, that's a very good starting point I think

:wave:

Tollesbury marina is another interesting location. lots of boats and marshes. Also a selection of dead trees from flooding of farm land .

The book by Justin Minns "Photographing East Anglia" has some ideas for north Essex.

Hadn't realised there was an East Angular Fotovue book, we're still waiting for London Part 2

Thanks for the mention, I'm actually in the middle of writing 'Photographing Essex'!

Perhaps surprisingly there is a lot to photograph there... current fave areas are Epping Forest and Southend area but unfortunately in Tier 4 at the moment

Back