Beginner Landscape photo of a field I took last year

dsc_56693-jpg.57730

I think it would be a cool take but the PP is way out
of natural rendition scale.

Did you shoot RAW? Could you post and untouched
and uncompressed jpg version of it?

Here is the untouched jpeg, For some reason I cannot post larger files, even the 10MB jpeg it gives me some kind of security error.
There are few dust spots here :)

Attachments

• DSC_56692.jpg
    DSC_56692.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm kind of surprised the bloody things (bales) aren't rolling downhill to the left - it looks as if they've been caught in frozen motion.

I enjoy the warm, raking light, though. But I've long been puzzled about why big round bales are such a popular subject amongst amateur and stock photographers. Yes, I know, they have a form, but then so does mostly everything else. Maybe if you were doing a documentary about agribusiness, or shooting for Farmer's Weekly ...?

Interesting sky (different cloud-types at different heights). The best bit.

------------------------

That last jpg looks much paler and less contrasty by comparison - is it from raw without user-adjustments? And we can see your sensor smudges. Personally I'd have been inclined to keep the mid-tone about where it is but up the contrast, as a sort of base-line ...

Last edited:
I have seen them on my way to work, and tough it would make a good picture. I am not particularly interested in bales :)

Yes I sort of sussed the first bit, and it's a relief about the last! And I'm pleased that you put a smiley and didn't feel attacked ...

I have to be rally insecure to feel attacked by that. And how do I post a picture in the forum so people can see it and not have a link to it?

Back