Landscape photo of the year.

Sorry but I don't like it. Looks like something out of a comic book.

Skye is an awesome place isnt it?

Skye is an awesome place isnt it?

Yeh, Skye is! The Cuillins have to be seen to be believed. The only pics I got up there (20+ years ago) were unfortunately lost somewhere!

Great image in many respects but it does look a little overcooked for my tastes. One or two of the others do as well but there are some lovely shots.
I agree with Clud17 there are some much better shots on here.

Andy

It looked to me like pretty much all of the pictures had been oversharpened by someone at the bbc when they'd resized them. There were definitley a couple that i'd hae liked to have seen the original of though...

some nice ones there for sure, but their 'favourite' pic, while rather pretty looks rather cliche and boring...

mmmmm too much processing for my taste.

If you look at the last couple of years winning and commended pictures - alot of them are HDR. If done well, then why not - its when they are overcooked that they don't look right.

Well i ordered the book on Amazon last week and received it today... not looked at it properly yet but as usual there are some fantastic images in there,
also spotted a couple names i recognise and at least one i have seen from a member here before.
it will definitely give me some motivation and inspiration...

the only problem is i will now have a massive "Must Visit" list.

Chris

Back