Langdale

One is quite nice, it's a great view up there but quite difficult to photograph well. You maybe needed a bit more of the Pikes and somehow a bit less of the cliff edge in the bottom right. Lovely light though.

Number two isn't really working for me, it's a bit too much of a snap and there appears to be something on your lens in the right hand side.

Three is quite interesting, wouldn't like to be up there! I think you could crop a bit off the top to make a more interesting composition, to just above where that second fluffy cloud is above the Pikes. Looks a lot more dynamic to me with that crop.

Thanks for your comments. Regarding the first photograph I couldn't get into a better position to get a better shot. The second photograph is as you say a snap shot but I actually quite like it. I checked the original and the spot on the right hand side is actually some dark shrubbery. I have cropped the third photograph and you are correct, it is an improvement. The climb itself was easy but a great location for photography.

Regarding the first photograph I couldn't get into a better position to get a better shot.

I'm not sure to understand why you think it is not a "better photograph"!

I see nothing wrong in the composition and I would rather be pleased
with the light and weather conditions. I think, Iain, that you should trust
a bit more the reasons that got you to stop and press the button.

I think not the picture is lacking something cause this is what I could get
out of a low res JPG but that you should take the time to deepen your
post approach and skills. May I suggest this possible rendition?

Langdalepp.jpg

Very nice set by the way, looks like quite the amazing place, if you have the chance to shoot at sunset please do and share them :)

Enjoyable set, I like #1 and the shot with the climber is better cropped (couldn't be him!) ... there is definitely something in #2 that doesn't look like a shrub.

XT105020.jpg

Back