Large digital photo frame

Scots_quine

In memoriam
Name
Joan
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't have a lot of wall space in my cottage and there are a fair few images I have taken this year that I would like to display. I thought what would be ideal would be a large digital photo frame that I could hang on the wall like a picture. I thought something about 17 inches or so wide, loaded by USB and with the ability to set it to automatically change the image every hour or slower.

Having trawled the internet I cannot find one that big (and no, I don't have a spare tv). Perhaps they are called something else at that size.
Can anyone help?

I recall seeing a project by someone a few years ago who used an old (redundant) laptop to create a digital picture frame.

Still possible as a project!

Also recall someone using a Raspberry Pi taped to the back of an old monitor for the same sort of result.

Also recall someone using a Raspberry Pi taped to the back of an old monitor for the same sort of result.

Ah! much more recent in regard to a project.....................must look that one up :)

Thank you all for the above. However, I really don't want to build one. And don't know of anyone who could build it for me.
Much prefer to buy one off the shelf even if it is at premium price.

There are some 15inch ones on Amazon.....

Though I can find larger ones mentioned on some sites they seem to actually be unavailable!

Digging deeper

I find ref to a Hama brand one 18.5 inches.....money no object model!

Perhaps cheaper via a direct rather than Amazon purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-00118575-00118575-Digital-Frame-Black/dp/B00XUAUUKC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ascsubtag=dcw-3075628636205844120-20&keywords=Hama+185PH&qid=1581641248&sr=8-1

That appears to be identical to a Rollei branded one that I bought for my father-in-law some years back. Decent quality and still works after 7 or 8 years.

This one is cheaper. But, I fancy you get what you pay for.

Back