Last Minute Wedding 2nd Shooter Opportunity - Norfolk

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
Due to my usual idiot assistant having a full time job, I have a opportunity for a complete beginner/novice to assist me with a wedding booking THIS FRIDAY - 2/9/11 near Norwich, and later in the day near Dereham. I can see this ending in an argument, but here goes....

I've asked around a few of the locals and they are all busy (conveniently!! :cautious:) so I thought I'd stick it on here to see if anyone fancies a crack at it.....I can 100% cover this wedding myself, but it seems a waste of an opportunity if I didn't offer it up on the forum to anyone who might be interested in having a go at this sort of thing!!

Boring bits: Sadly, I won't be able to offer you much in the way of payment. I can certainly bung you a few quid towards petrol/diesel but that's about it. I will however, pick you up and drop you off if you're local-ish, feed you, water you, etc etc so you won't have to outlay any cash.....You'll need your own kit, not bothered what brand model etc, but you WILL need an external flash if you're going to get the most out of the evening reception.... It'll be a fairly late finish too.....sounds like the deal of the century doesn't it!?! :LOL:

Now for the good bits: I honestly don't mind your level of ability, it's NOT about you getting shots for me to use, this is about someone having a go at something they otherwise might not have chance to do, so no pressure on you to perform at a certain level or provide wonderful-amazing-perfect-stunning etc images. I'll be doing various types of photography through the day including lots of off camera flash work, so if having a go at OCF interests you, that would definitely be a bonus!

There will be plenty of opportunity for you to take photos, I'm not just after a free bag carrier but please understand that you're not there to get in my way either.....sorry if this sounds egotistical, but simply, my shots are more important than yours!! ;)

I think that's it for now, just PM me if you're interested!! (y)

Just one more thing, please please please, if you're not interested in this, stay out of it and don't start a war!! :nono:

Last edited:
So let's get this right? We get the opportunity of being around your stinky arse all day whilst you play David Bailey? I'm in! Oh, hang on, I'm in Leeds. Would have loved to come play otherwise, bro.

Kudos to you Damien for offering this opportunity to someone :clap:

Thanks Simon, I know a few people see offers like this as taking the ****, but 2nd shooting was invaluable to me when I first started, and still is.....I'm 2nd shooting for someone on Sunday!! :)

Again, thanks!! (y)

i would have jumped at the chance but i have a studio booked at 6pm :( let me know if u have anything else turn up though :)

Ah, and a local too.....that's a shame!! PM me your phone number and I'll stick it in my phone in case anything else comes up!! (y)

So let's get this right? We get the opportunity of being around your stinky arse all day whilst you play David Bailey? I'm in! Oh, hang on, I'm in Leeds. Would have loved to come play otherwise, bro.

:razz:

Not sure I could put up with all your moaning and groaning about how all your Nikon gear doesn't work!! :p

Damn what a fantastic opportunity! I wound love to!but I'm in Hampshire which is a bit far. Out of interest have you a post code I can stick in the sat nav to see how far it would be?
Thanks
Alan

Damn what a fantastic opportunity! I wound love to!but I'm in Hampshire which is a bit far. Out of interest have you a post code I can stick in the sat nav to see how far it would be?
Thanks
Alan

Statring point is about 5 miles east of Norwich city centre just off the A47......but.....

Ben got in first and he's fairly local, so it goes to him....(y)

Thanks for the interest everyone!! :D

In case Damien is not about stick in NR1 1BD and add on about 6 or 7 miles.

I guessing 230 each way.

thanks damien, its about 160 miles for me, but if Ben pulls out for what ever reason, give us a shout as i think for expierience like that, it would still be worth it!

thanks
Alan

thanks damien, its about 160 miles for me, but if Ben pulls out for what ever reason, give us a shout as i think for expierience like that, it would still be worth it!

thanks
Alan

You mug! He's a complete b*****d to work with.... "meh meh meh canon this, canon that...... "

He has the social skills of a rutting rhino and a very very sick sense of humour...

:thinking: probably why we get on ok with each other...

Even though I detest him!

Seriously - if Ben pulls out, then go for it - Damien is not bad as a photographer ;), and all his clients have been very happy......... a lot of his jobs this year have been recommendations (by deluded fools)

Lastly, all I will say is "you can take the man out of Leeds..... but....."

thanks
Alan

Cheers Alan, but it's all going ahead with Ben!! (y)

You mug! He's a complete b*****d to work with.... "meh meh meh canon this, canon that...... "

:razz:

Shove your Pentax up your brown rain hole!!!!

What a great opportunity, shame I live a million miles away and have to work on Friday!

Not to worry, keep looking for opportunities and you'll find them eventually!! (y)

No worries Damien, sounds like Ben has a cracking opportunity there!

Alan

Alan_T said:
No worries Damien, sounds like Ben has a cracking opportunity there!

Alan

A cracking opportunity to smell Damien's noxious arse all day!

Lol you seem well liked on here Damien! No one seems to have a bad word say about you!

I'm glad you found a second shooter mate, so many things in life are for TWO

:D

I'm glad you found a second shooter mate, so many things in life are for TWO

:LOL: Indeed they are.....especially visiting countries like brittany and Amsterdam!! :D

That has quite literally made me laugh out quite loudly at work, and people are now asking what I am laughing at. :LOL::thinking:

Back