last tree...

Lovely shot the tones realy work for me

Beautiful colours, and the silhouette of the tree really stands out. :)

I like this. The colours are well suited. Well done.

Clinical and beautiful
Simply 2 colours, but plenty of muted tones.
A strong graphical focus, and well balanced.

Great shot! What did you look for on the map to find it? (obviously single trees aren't on OS maps). I would like to do some single tree shots myself, but I have your initial problem of driving and walking round aimlessly becomes tiring.

Best for me is a combination of google earth first to research the general area, then fine tuning with contour maps to take account of direction vs sun / moon / milkyway. Even with this it can take two or three trips, especially somewhere new for night time or dawn - I don't want to be exploring somewhere I don't know at all in the dark. On this trip it was quite funny as it was the middle of nowhere, and I had just got set up and along came another photographer with tripod and backpack :)

Really very good. The colours look unreal but I can well imagine they were accurate.

Thank you! I really like the time before dawn, the colors can be amazing and they change all the time. This was facing away from the rising sun.

Like that Tim, very nice suits my tree fetish! Surreal light but you get some interesting hues pre dawn, and the snow is just the icing on the cake, nicely done(y)

Great shot! What did you look for on the map to find it? (obviously single trees aren't on OS maps). I would like to do some single tree shots myself, but I have your initial problem of driving and walking round aimlessly becomes tiring.
Its a pain looking for them, google earth helps a little, you have to look for the shadows, however there is no substitute for a location visit. The number I have been to and the surrounding area is just pants. Pylons or badly orientated against the light or rising ground or some other unforeseen problem.
They say its all in the planning but you can only go so far. Its good when you get a good one(y)

Back