Wild Latest Little owl shot

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Wild and free Little owl taken at one of my Little owl sites I observe daily ,the site is surrounded by quite a lot of old farm machinery and rusty bits for want of a better word, when I find the bird landing on perches I just move them around a bit in order to get a better background ,and to try and get a bit closer ,some occasions I get lucky and the bird lands pretty much on the same night I set up ,other occasions can take weeks it all depends on a number of factors ,time of year ,time of day etc ,to get this shot I just took away the perches he was landing on giving the bird no option but land on the rusty bit ,Love it or hate it but this type of close up shot is very popular with fellow photographers who visit the site, natural shots of the bird in its natural territory and surrounding's for some reason are not as popular even though the opportunity is there for shots ,there are a few more tricks to the trade on how I get some shots and I would like to say now that I don't use live bait ,in this shot to get the bird looking down did involve leaving something out there to get his interest,hope a little info on the shot helps it to be a bit less boring .little owl Nov (1 of 1)-2 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:

This cute one is less yellowish than some previous, isn't it!

Back