Layflat coffee-table book with 60+ spreads

markrichardson

Judge Judy
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Does such a thing exist? The usual players (Loxley etc) tend to have a maximum of around 30 spreads.

but they only go up to 30 spreads

Ok, now I understand.

That limit is determined by their binding capacities.
They have machines and tools that accommodated
the thickness of 30 spreads. These limits permit them
to have greater volumes in these dimensions and offer
better prices.

For greater thicknesses, a printer should be able to help
you or direct you to a good binder. There again, good
prices are only reached through bigger volume.

GF Smith now do these and sell to the public. Up to 100 pages too.

Folio Albums, best in the business, expensive though

Never used them. Use Loxley for the occasional order and Graphi for our albums. Can't knock Graphis prices

Must check out Folio though

As above, coffee table books are machine bound and 30 spreads is about tthe limit of the thickness that the machine can bind.
We have recently been experimenting with new binding on the hand built Perfetto layflat albums and have succesfully built up to 60 spreads with these so that could be an option, but of course is a lot more expensive than a coffee table book, and very heavy at that number of spreads !
A lot of coffee table books get ordered in volumes, split at 30 spreads.

I've used Bob Books in the past to make lay-flat coffee table books. I was very happy with the quality. Depending on the page size, they can go up to 114 pages. (Not quite the 60+ spreads you suggested, but close.)

Their price list is here: https://www.bobbooks.co.uk/all-prices
and you need to know that the 'Lustre photographic' and 'Gloss photographic' paper types are lay-flat books but the others aren't.

I've used Bob Books in the past to make lay-flat coffee table books. I was very happy with the quality. Depending on the page size, they can go up to 114 pages. (Not quite the 60+ spreads you suggested, but close.)

Their price list is here: https://www.bobbooks.co.uk/all-prices
and you need to know that the 'Lustre photographic' and 'Gloss photographic' paper types are lay-flat books but the others aren't.
They could really make that more obvious!

Back