LCD Pop-up Hood Protector

Edit My Images
No
Hi

Just had a LCD Pop-up Hood Protector delivered for my 40D, its very good, well worth buying i think, bought it on ebay. easy fit, no glued glass to try to stick on, hood to make it easy to see screen, doesnt effect opperating camera in any way. :clap::clap:

always wondered wether they were any good

do you have a pic of it on your camera?

i have one for my 400D, i found mine incredibly annoying. its not a simple push down to close it on my version and makes capturing a moment difficult - it now rests in my box of stuff!

THey are good at keeping sun-ray shimmer away from the screen too when looking at pics on a bright day.

They are a complete and utter pain in the backside.
My mum has one on her D70 and I've almost had my eye out on a number of occasions

The only positive comment that I can make regarding the Delkin pop-up is that it offsets the control buttons located next to the screen on the XT (Canon 350D) camera so my silly thumb doesn't accidently switch drive modes when I am shooting.

Tripping the shutter and finding that I am in self-timer mode is more annoying than having to open the darn pop-up everytime I want to check my image.

However, after switching to the 30D and 40D cameras; I have no problems accidently tripping the drive control button and thustly do not need the pop-up which is a great PITA for me.

i was thinking about getting one of these but sounds like there a bit annoying when your out shooting.lol and it seems a bit of a waste of money seen as we NEVER get a sunny day in this country.lol

Horrible things, I had one and I kept bumping into the bloody thing!

Back