LCD screen protector

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A pal of mine has a Nikon D100 which has a proctctive cover to go over the LCD screen at the back of his camera, came with the camera apparentley (I'm sure all you other Nikonions have the same)

Question is, has anyone seen anything similar for Canon ?? (20D in particular) Looks a good idea and I thought I'd try not to get any scratches on mine if at all possible. When camera is worn around the neck the back easily rubs against coat buttons doesn't it.

You could always get the PDA ones and cut them down to fit?

Cheers guys.........
Yea the film screen protectors look like some I've just bought for the daughters PSP funnily enough, I thought then whether they'd do the job.

The screen shades does look like a serious piece of kit as far as anti scratch goes......wonder if anyone on here has tried them???

Hello Mr THX,

Have a look here:
http://www.daproducts.com/index.html

The screen protector that fits the 10D and 20D is perfect and only £3.62 + £1.21 delivery and No vat or customs as below £18 :)

It is a thick piece of very clear perspex, I have used these for a few years on every DSLR I have owned :) easy to remove if you need to, but they stay on for as long as you keep the camera usually.

While you are at daproducts have a look at the ' ideal ballerina' microfibre cloth or one of the smaller ones, the softest non scratch cleaning cloth I have ever found. £5.43 and no extra postage.

http://www.daproducts.com/dpcloths.htm

Hope that helps !

Mark.

i'd have to say, in terms of looking after your camera and these little extras, nikon really do well on that front...

If it didn't come with the camera, it's unlikely it'll fit properly.
Your best bet would be to cut some squares of clear sticky plastic, like Fablon and stick it over the screen. Change it when it gets tatty and glazed (ie once a week or so).
My D2x's are already covered in black tape (the lenses are anyway, to hold the lens-hoods in place and also to stop the SB800 diffusers from getting knocked off).

Back