Le Mans Classic

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Just wondered whether anyone has been over for this. I’ll be covering it next year, and while I’ve shot a couple of events at Le Mans, it’s always been on the Bugatti circuit configuration.
I’ve heard that access for the 24h is pretty restrictive for safety purposes, is this similar for the Classic?
Any info/tips about the event would be appreciated
Cheers

Le Mans is an amazing event, but the classic is rather different - far more relaxed and a lot less knobheads around.

Access around the circuit is extremely limited - you simply cannot get out on the Mulsanne Straight for example.

If you are in the public enclosures, good places to shoot are at the bottom of the Dunlop esses, by the start finish line, in the run from the Porsche Curves to the finish line (you can get really close to the fence down there). I wouldn't bother trying to shoot from the public enclosure at Indianapolis - you can't get enough separation from the fence. The enclosure at Mulsanne is much better, but I always take a small collapsible step to give me a bit more height over the fence.

I am planning to get to the classic this year, so I may see you in the paddock at some point!

Here are some of my shots from 2015, all taken from the public enclosures to give you some ideas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gaaaary/albums/72157654813911011

Le Mans is an amazing event, but the classic is rather different - far more relaxed and a lot less knobheads around.

Access around the circuit is extremely limited - you simply cannot get out on the Mulsanne Straight for example.

If you are in the public enclosures, good places to shoot are at the bottom of the Dunlop esses, by the start finish line, in the run from the Porsche Curves to the finish line (you can get really close to the fence down there). I wouldn't bother trying to shoot from the public enclosure at Indianapolis - you can't get enough separation from the fence. The enclosure at Mulsanne is much better, but I always take a small collapsible step to give me a bit more height over the fence.

I am planning to get to the classic this year, so I may see you in the paddock at some point!

Here are some of my shots from 2015, all taken from the public enclosures to give you some ideas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gaaaary/albums/72157654813911011

Thanks for the info Gary. I'll be trackside, so hopefully will be offered a few more opportunities than in the spectator areas. Appreciate your help mate

Back